Notifications
Clear all

Do I need an exfoliater to remove the dry flakes of skin? +pictures

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/14/2016 12:25 pm

I wore makeup today! I thought my face was clear enough to wear some concealer and foundation. However, after the acne.org moisturizer, I put on some concealer on the red spots and foundation. I realized that my skin was super dry and flakes of skin was falling like snow flakes. My skin looks horrible with makeup on,and the red spots are visible because they look purple. I am not sure if I need to exfoliate  to remove the dry skin and to have a smooth complexion. Please help  any advise would do. I currently use the forever makeup concealer and a covergirl foundation. 

20161214_111801.jpg

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 12/14/2016 3:24 pm

The Benzoyl Peroxide and AHA are exfoliating your skin. This causes dead loose skin on the surface of your face. I GENTLY rub the dead skin off with a wet wash cloth. I cant see any obvious dead skin in your picture though, more like drying scabs. You could try to remove them with the same method. I usually let them alone. They can be removed if they are dried, be sure that removing the scab will not result in an open wound.

If dead skin is already falling off like snowflakes, there is no need for additional exfoliating!

Im sure your skin will improve on the Regimen. It really worked wonders for me! Be sure to stick to the instructions and not to miss an application!

MemberMember
(@yourskindoesntdefineyou)

Posted : 12/15/2016 3:28 am

Ugh I hate dry flakes while trying to put on my makeup! My first tip would be not to pop your pimples as this leads to them scabbing over and becoming impossible to cover up well. It's way easier to put makeup on an annoying pimple that's at least smooth than some crusty scab lol.

Make sure you moisturize at night time. In the morning I gently wash my face, then use a cotton pad and my toner (witch hazel) and apply it all over my face. With the cotton pad I target the flakey areas by gently rubbing off the flakes. Then I put on my AHA serum and moisturizer. If there's still flakes after my moisturizer dries, I do the same thing as before but put lotion on a tissue and gently wipe the off the flakes from problem areas.

So extensive. So tedious. But it works for me. I used to use an exfoliating cleanser but have read that this irritated the acne even more so I'm going to be using that much less.

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/15/2016 11:03 am

@YourskindoesntdefineyouThank you, but honestly I don't pop my pimples at all. Could it be that maybe I am washing them too rough? Also what makeup product would you suggest for the redness? Thank you.

MemberMember
(@yourskindoesntdefineyou)

Posted : 12/15/2016 11:20 am

4 minutes ago, Sa-man-duh said:
@YourskindoesntdefineyouThank you, but honestly I don't pop my pimples at all. Could it be that maybe I am washing them too rough? Also what makeup product would you suggest for the redness? Thank you.

it could be. But honestly I wash very gently and get the flakes anyway. Maybe try a different moisturizer, because I find that some kind of just sit on your skin without actually moisturizing. I'm using cetaphil right now and I like it, and I also mix it with some vitamin C serum which is super moisturizing but not oily.

As for makeup, I've found that Lancome concealer has been the only one to cover my pimples without making them that weird purple colour and I also use one of their setting powders all over my face after. It's definitely more on the expensive side but I find that the concealer lasts me about 4-5 months and the powder almost a year (I just use it very lightly).

I would YouTube how to cover acne and watch a make up artist do it. They also know how to use products that are tinted like green or something that counter the redness in your skin completely, and then somehow you blend it all together and look amazing haha.

Hope that helps!

MemberMember
(@sa-man-duh)

Posted : 12/15/2016 12:28 pm

Thank you! I will keep on having hope with this regimen. I usually use over the counter makeup, but I wouldn't mind looking at the more expensive side, I never really looked at that so might as well give it a chance. I looked at YouTube videos and most of the girls use expensive makeup, ha. I will give it a shot though. Thanks again!