Notifications
Clear all

Acne Will Not Go Away

MemberMember
(@rachel526)

Posted : 10/23/2016 3:36 pm

Hello everyone,
To start off, I am a freshman in college this year. I have been struggling with acne since about 7th grade, and it just seems to keep getting worse as the years go on. When I was younger, I picked at it, so there are also nasty scars & hyperpigmentation along with the acne. :( The acne I have is mainly white head breakouts with that occasional mild cystic breakout. It has been my biggest insecurity, and I literally feel like I have done everything known to mankind to try to get rid of it, such as: at home diy's, prescribed medications (both oral and topical), essential oils, and different regimens. The only thing I haven't tried is accutane. Being in college dorm, I dread every time I need to wash my face or shower because I hate when people see my bare face. I can't leave without putting makeup on, and I feel like it's starting to control my life. I feel like I am the only one here at my college who is going through this and it really brings me down. I see every girl with flawless skin and just wish I would be lucky enough to have that. If anyone has anything that has worked for them, whether a for acne, scars, or hyperpigmentation, that would be so greatly appreciated. All I want is to be confident in my skin and that won't happen until my skin is clear. 
Thank you!!
- Rachel

MemberMember
(@greentea4ever)

Posted : 10/24/2016 12:48 am

first step Rachel, is to believe you will have better skin in time. try finding three good things everyday. Why?

Stress. Stress will make things worse. Stress hormone encourages acne to form.

step two, make sure you get rid of toxin from your body effeciently. Poop everyday, pee often.

Step three, assess your food intake. What food is essential for skin health and repair process? What food is bad for skin? Do you know? Google and youtube are your best source of knowledge.

These are the most basic. These steps treat the CAUSE, the ROOT of your issue. The acne are just symptoms. Treat the cause from within.