Notifications
Clear all

Help with mild acne?

MemberMember
(@pancakes020)

Posted : 10/01/2016 9:24 pm

Hi. I posted a forum and it's been a few weeks. I was told to use benzoyl peroxide and that has mad improvements in my opinion. The only problem I have is shiny, oily skin with little bumps. This doesn't seem to be very severe but my skin looks gross instead of smooth and glowing. I wash my face 2 times a day with unscented dove soap (because I have no idea what products I should use!!), apply benzoyl peroxide at night, moisturize. I think the problem is your face wash but I don't know what face wash could help me. Please help thanks!! Here's a picture sorry it's so zoomed but it's my forehead.

IMG_6654.JPG

MemberMember
(@pancakes020)

Posted : 10/12/2016 8:37 pm

Update: I started using origins checks and balances and found no improvement in my skin looking like this. Please someone help?

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 10/12/2016 10:44 pm

Hi there. What you have looks a lot like closed comedones. It is caused by products that clog your pores, either a face wash that isn't agreeing with you or makeup that is upsetting the pH of your skin [and causing acne cosmetica].I got acne cosmetica for the first time from a crappy foundation by Tom Ford, it was oily and clogged my entire face. You're not the only one, trust me.

Here's my advice: BP does absolutely ZIP for closed comedones. You should try either an AHA gel or just go to a dermatologist and try a retinoid like Adapalene. Also, ditch any creamy moisturizers and face washes like CereVe and Cetaphil as they contain irritants like cetearyl alcohol [which is derived from coconut oil and can cause the tiny bumps]. In fact, until this clears up I would not use anything but a very gentle SA face wash like Neutrogena, avoid foundation as well. The Adapalene gel is slightly more potent than the cream, but the cream is better if you're easily clogged by creamy moisturizers and makeup. Also, it comes in 0.1 percent, so it is gentle for sensitive skin. I highly recommend this over Retin A/Retin A Micro because Retin A is much stronger for first time users, it can cause more acne and severe irritation.

I have been trying the Adapalene 0.1 gel and I like it so far. Progress is slow but measurable. I like that it doesn't have any weird ingredients as you may find in a random AHA gel.