Notifications
Clear all

Worst time to get a pimple! Help 🙁

MemberMember
(@erichmm)

Posted : 09/06/2016 3:20 pm

I've been on the Acne.org regimen for the past month or so, and I've seen excellent results. I hardly have acne, but everyone once in a while I get a pimple somewhere on my chin. This recently happened at possibly the worst time. I had one of those "blind" pimples that surfaced two days ago. I iced it for two hours yesterday, and its size somewhat decreased. Today I popped it, and now I have a skin lesion that's pretty inflamed/red. I've applied Neosporin (so it doesn't get infected and heals faster). Is there anything else I can do to aid it in the healing process? Tomorrow is my first day of school :(

MemberMember
(@eli_g)

Posted : 09/06/2016 4:26 pm

Oh that is horrible timing. You must be so anxious....well, there is a way to hide it! And don't be scared, but you can use makeup! Now don't think drag queen, you just need to hide the one spot is all.

I suggest first apply really good moisturizer. Let that sit for 15-20 minutes, then pat on some green color corrector/concealer. Maybelline has a super cheap one, it comes in a tube. So dab it on the spot, and gently blur the edges. After that, use a long lasting concealer that's a color as close as possible to your own skin color. Maybelline superstay is good and revelon colorstay is also good. Same method, apply on the spot and gently blur out just the edges. Top over with the tiniest bit of translucent, clear powder.

This should hold you over for the first few days of school and until the spot goes away.

In the meantime, I'd try clearasil benzoyl peroxide cream until the bump goes down, and maybe even cream or serum that's made for fading spots.

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 09/06/2016 4:40 pm

I would put ice on the spot as often as possible today to reduce the inflammation!

You could put retinol, retin a, or BP on the spot before bed tonight to dry it up.

Also, tomorrow you could mix a bit of foundation with pure aloe vera gel and use this to conceal the spot. As an added bonus, the aloe will help to heal the blemish.

Most importantly, enjoy your first day of school and try not to worry about the spot!!!!