Notifications
Clear all

HELP! Sebaceous filaments or demodex mites !??

MemberMember
(@oniboni)

Posted : 08/21/2016 9:14 am

They say never look for information online because you willjust getscared. Justlike many many people, for years I wondered why there is gunk in each and every pore on my face- especially on my nose, chin and forehead. Most articles say its normal and that its sebaceous filaments so Ishouldn't worry about it. Perhaps a few extracting masks and generalexfoliation. BUT THEN, I got freaked out and read about Demodex mites.... which honest to god sounds like the sameexact thing. Which one is it? Idon't have redness or any problems around my eyes. I do have some under eyemilia ( tiny white bumps ) and I do have some peach fuzz on my face but for those of you who read about Demodex, you can see why itfreaked me out. My skin looks fine from a distance and even up close if Idon't touch it. Ofcourse I experience a few pimples here and there and it can get a little bumpy looking before my period but thats about it. I hope the tiny stuff that comes out of each pore is just sebaceous filaments, when I extract the gunk, it's back the very next day so I can live with it if I have to but I am not sure I can handle it if it's Demodex mites, yuck. How do you know??? Idon't have money or time to see a dermatologist but I know I should . Which one is it!??

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/21/2016 10:04 am

I think you're overreacting, its probably just harmless sebaceous filaments.