Notifications
Clear all

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE

MemberMember
(@lauren1003)

Posted : 08/04/2016 11:04 pm

I've had mild to moderate acne for about three years now. It started off very mild two summers ago but then it got worse and worse and worse. By the following summer, my skin was terrible (at least for my standards). I never get cystic acne or anything severe, but it's always a lot of inflamed red pimples and clogged pores on my cheeks mostly, sometimes the forehead and chin. A pimple also never truly goes away for three months; it always lingers. I have bad hyper pigmentation as well. My skin is also very oily. I went to the dermatologist in May of 2015 and he prescribed me doxycycline and tretinoin (retin-a). For a while, that worked. By September of 2015, my skin was clear except for the occasional pimple. Instead of coming off of the medication, I decided for some reason to stay on it. Within a few months, my skin got bad again. It wasn't as bad as it used to be, but still bad. Every time I tried getting off of it I would break out even worse. I was becoming immune to doxycycline. I finally stopped a month ago. My skin is breaking out and there is never a time that I don't have at least a few pimples on my face. How can I clear this up? I made an appointment for the derm in a few weeks and I'm curious if he'll put me on anything new. If anyone had similar skin to mine and cleared it up please let me know asap because my skin is making me very self conscious and is lowering my self esteem... I'm not myself with it. I used to love taking pictures but now I can never. 

IMG_9649.JPG

IMG_9647.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG

IMG_9648.JPG

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 08/05/2016 12:06 am

The Dermatologist was never very helpful for me. I can't even remember all the stuff he had me try, including 11 months of accutane. I gave everything at least 3-6 months, but nothing ever worked. A couple of years ago I happened to find a small company called DeeVoo Skin Care that makes an acne system that actually helped. I use to have pimples everywhere on my face, and it hurt a lot. Now I only get a few zits every now and then...

1 hour ago, lauren1003 said:

I've had mild to moderate acne for about three years now. It started off very mild two summers ago but then it got worse and worse and worse. By the following summer, my skin was terrible (at least for my standards). I never get cystic acne or anything severe, but it's always a lot of inflamed red pimples and clogged pores on my cheeks mostly, sometimes the forehead and chin. A pimple also never truly goes away for three months; it always lingers. I have bad hyper pigmentation as well. My skin is also very oily. I went to the dermatologist in May of 2015 and he prescribed me doxycycline and tretinoin (retin-a). For a while, that worked. By September of 2015, my skin was clear except for the occasional pimple. Instead of coming off of the medication, I decided for some reason to stay on it. Within a few months, my skin got bad again. It wasn't as bad as it used to be, but still bad. Every time I tried getting off of it I would break out even worse. I was becoming immune to doxycycline. I finally stopped a month ago. My skin is breaking out and there is never a time that I don't have at least a few pimples on my face. How can I clear this up? I made an appointment for the derm in a few weeks and I'm curious if he'll put me on anything new. If anyone had similar skin to mine and cleared it up please let me know asap because my skin is making me very self conscious and is lowering my self esteem... I'm not myself with it. I used to love taking pictures but now I can never. 

IMG_9649.JPG

IMG_9647.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG

IMG_9648.JPG

MemberMember
(@sm_bsc)

Posted : 08/05/2016 3:52 pm

Your acne seems close to the type of acne I got when I was younger. I can still get deep, painful pimples on my cheeks (always in the same place).
I was initially given Benzoyl Peroxide but it didn't make a huge difference and lead to hyperpigmentation.
I was then on tetracycline and lymecycline but inevitably both stopped working.
I then started to use Quinoderm 10 to clear my acne. Fortunately, my acne cleared but due to years of having it I have been left with scarring. Also, the product was discontinued which didn't help as it was such an effective product.
Currently, I am not on any kind of medication for it.
I use store-bought products containing Glycolic Acid (Nip+Fab, the scrub and wash), Tea Tree oil directly on any pimples and Acnecide which is basically 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. I use the Acnecide when it seems like my skin is flaring up as well as Quinoderm wash once or twice a week.
I use Eucerin DermaPurifyer Hydrating Care as a moisturiser.

I can still get pimples but I learnt the hard way that using the right products aside from what they doctor gives you can make a huge difference.
I can honestly say that since I have been using the Nip + Fab and Eucerin product, I have not had the usual flare-up (which definitely happened at least once a month).

MemberMember
(@lilieanlilie)

Posted : 08/07/2016 1:17 pm

You're acne is nothing compared to mine