Notifications
Clear all

first time on here and having a really hard day.

MemberMember
(@bianx)

Posted : 07/25/2016 4:07 pm

So Ive always had cystic acne. A while back like years ago I went to a Derm, and they gave me all these acids for my face and it made it WAY Worse. Inflamed and scarring. I used natural products after a bad skin year and it finally went down. Now I get some cysts every now and then nothing major and i have scarring but wear makeup so it was always no big, but recently I've noticed a LOT Of closed comedones. Blackheads and whiteheads also. So I went to an advanced dermatologist today and she told me its all hormonal. Gave me some pills to balance it and did some injections/extractions. told me to wash with cetaphil and moisturize with ceravae or whatever its called for two days, and gave me neutrogena acne wash and more ceravae moisturizer for night time. but my face is super red and i never really look at the scars i cover them with makeup but she said no makeup tonight and tonight i had plans to go out to a party and I'm just really upset about it/: my skin looks so bad at the moment and i cant go out and i feel like its a repeat of a couple years ago. such a nightmare and I'm so depressed

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/26/2016 12:33 am

First all welcome, haha, I know you're having a bad week.
What I have to say is to follow what the Derk says to do. She knows best. It's good she gave you some pills those are likely Birth control to balance hormones which will actually really help if it's all hormonal. 

Try to to keep a good attitude, trust the doctor and do what she tells you, and in the long run, one party may not be worth really awful skin. It is your decision though.

I hope I offered hope and just remember that you'll be alright and it will get better. :)

Guys give a little support!!

MemberMember
(@kenharrison)

Posted : 07/28/2016 11:34 pm

What kind of acids?