Notifications
Clear all

Acne,red scars

MemberMember
(@man1)

Posted : 07/25/2016 11:02 am

Hi, i am using tretinoin 0.025 cream for my skin at night for like 3 months and half and panthenol cream within dexpanthenol 0.05 at day , my skin is just worse more pink-red scars, whiteheads, what to do i am feeling so so bad. 

IMG_20160725_162012.jpg

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/25/2016 4:45 pm

Go back to the derm. It seems as if those did not help you and he will likely prescribe you a cream and an Oral antibiotic. Hopefully those will do better than what you are using.

If if you do not want to see a derm, try the regimen. I would likely bet that would work.

Jazzguy liked
MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/25/2016 8:51 pm

My skin looked like yours a year and a half ago. I felt so bad about how I looked, it was a depressing time. I was put on isotretinoin and it cleared me up, no more acne. I am a guy but during this time I had to start wearing makeup to cover up all the redness. It took 7-8 months for the red marks to start going away and when they did I was left with some pitted scarring.

Your dermatologist should prescribe you isotretinoin. You need to stop getting pimples because more pimples means more red marks and more potential scars. Isotretinoin has negative side effects for some people.

Oh and when you see your dermatologist dont wear makeup, so he can see all your red marks and potential scarring.

MemberMember
(@man1)

Posted : 07/26/2016 4:34 am

Can i take isotretinoin without my permission of my dermatologist, can you describe me a little bit what you used for your skin?

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/26/2016 12:51 pm

I used BHA, AHA, and benzoyl peroxide cleansers and creams. None of those worked. I went to to the derm and eventually I was prescribed isotretinoin when my acne got severe, was scarring, and nothing else had worked.

And yes, you must be prescribed isotretinoin by your dermatologist.

Man1 liked
MemberMember
(@lilieanlilie)

Posted : 08/07/2016 1:28 pm

My acne marks look somewhat like your but when I touch my face, it's pretty smooth. Will they end up turning into indentations?