Notifications
Clear all

Help find new acne treatments

MemberMember
(@rachel_xoxo)

Posted : 06/11/2016 2:18 am

I'm 16 years old and have been suffering from acne for about 3 years. I have oily sensitive skin. I have tried every kind of pill and topical medication, but I refuse to go on accutane. I have recently thought that it might be related to my hormones because I have very irregular periods. Is their a certain medicine I should try that could possibly get rid of my acne? Should I try hormone medication?(I'm already on birth control) are their any daily regimens that I should try next?

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 06/11/2016 5:00 am

I know that spironolactone is good for women who want to tackle their acne. Some of the gals on here should be able to give you a bit more insight into that particular medicine.

MemberMember
(@skincareloverr)

Posted : 11/27/2017 10:01 pm

Give LED Light Therapy a go if you haven't tried it before. I have been seeing improvement in my acne from using LED light therapy as opposed to Benzoyl Peroxide and salicylic acid which tend to break me out even more since I've got really sensitive skin. Blue light therapy is especially great for targeting acne. You can get it done at the dermatologists or you can use an at-home LED light therapy device if you are tight on cash $$. I've been using an at-home device from lumi therapy and would recommend it.