Notifications
Clear all

Combining tanning and salicylic peel questions

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 05/19/2016 7:20 pm

So I have a membership at Planet fitness where I workout and since I am a black card member I get free access to the tanning bed where you stand in it. Last Saturday I did a salicylic 20% peel and was going to do that every week. I was going to do tanning on Fridays and then the peel on Saturday. What is the best way to combine the 2 without irritating or burning my face.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/21/2016 10:55 am

On 20/5/2016 at 2:20 AM, Ccurran86 said:

So I have a membership at Planet fitness where I workout and since I am a black card member I get free access to the tanning bed where you stand in it. Last Saturday I did a salicylic 20% peel and was going to do that every week. I was going to do tanning on Fridays and then the peel on Saturday. What is the best way to combine the 2 without irritating or burning my face.

You should not combine them at all.

Your skin needs several days to recover after a peeling, actually weeks to be correct. When you are tanning you slow down the healing process and moreover it can cause permanent damage to you skin, which you will notice when you get older. Hyperpigmentation etc.

But it is your own choice.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 05/21/2016 1:01 pm

I completely agree with Alex on this one. You need to chose one or the other. Tanning in itself dries out the skin.. not to mention causes wrinkles years down the line on top of other things! If you combine both of these weekly your skin will NOT BE happy amd will be very dehydrated so please reconsider this.