Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer for super sensitive skin?

MemberMember
(@igottapi4)

Posted : 03/13/2016 3:48 pm

I have recently started treating my hormonal acne with a tea tree oil soap and aloe vera gel with a few drops of tea tree oil as a overnight mask. It has been going amazingly well. My face is the best I have ever had.

The only problem is that the soap is very drying. I have combination skin and while I havent had any effects from the drying I have heard that too dry skin is not good and so I have been looking for a good moisturizer.

At first I tried witch hazel since I wanted to try to keep to natural options but it made my face get red bumps and it got swollen. Then I tried neutrogena oil-free moisture combination and it burned my face and I got horrible itching. I was so frustrated.

I know its only two things but my face is doing so well that Im scare to try anything else and mess it up. Ive just decided to use some plain aloe vera since its the only thing thats working. Ive read about some people using it as a moisturizer but I was wondering if anyone else has tried it as well?

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 03/13/2016 5:02 pm

If you're having success with the aloe vera I'd go with that! I have read at least one other post by someone using it as a moisturiser.
The epiology cream my son is using is an excellent sensitive skin moisturiser as well as helping reduce acne. It is an aqueous cream/lotion base so an option if that sits OK within your personal attitudes to natural options.

MemberMember
(@shrinking_violet)

Posted : 03/13/2016 10:31 pm

I read somewhere that aloe vera can actually be drying over time . I'm sure it depends on the person though so it that's working for you, I'd stick with it and see how it goes.
I have HYPER SENSITIVE skin . I mean crazy crazy crazy sensitive . the only moisturiser I can use is by a brand called Pai. They do organic products but are quite expensive so depending on your budget , I'd recommend those.
a cheaper option is hemp oil. Organic , cold pressed, unrefined. The refined stuff is no good. I'm very acne prone and I loved using hemp oil as a moisturiser , but I have bad facial eczema too and it just wasn't quite moisturising enough for that . But for skin that isn't extremely dry, I do recommend it. It didn't cause any breakouts at all. It would probably work well for you mixed in with the aloe.

MemberMember
(@rosaceasingapore)

Posted : 03/15/2016 9:02 am

Tea tree oil itself is drying. Using tea tree soap probably dries out your skin, and aloe vera gel is hardly moisturising on it's own. Aloe gel is kind of like a sealant. It prevents water from escaping from your skin. If your skin is already dehydrated from washing, there's hardly any moisture to seal in by using aloe.

I'd suggest to stop using the tea tree soap. A good cleanser should never be drying after washing. You should find a cleanser that suits your skin type better.

MemberMember
(@elefc)

Posted : 03/28/2016 4:31 am

Hi,
I recommend u try either acne.org regimen wash and moisturizer or cetaphil ones. Both are AMAZING! I just started using cetaphil facial moisturizer a week ago when even water burned my face and it felt like a sandpaper and peeled off- now it is soft again! I can even use it under eye without burning! I would buy acne.org regimen moisturizer but i have to pay like 30 euros delivery+ when i ordered the kit i paid 20 euro tax also to get it from the post office- not nice at all!
Hope it helps:)