Notifications
Clear all

Persistent Acne

MemberMember
(@apvelik)

Posted : 03/04/2016 6:46 am

Hi I am an 18 (turning 19 this year) old female. I have moderately bad acne and no matter what I do I can't seem to make it better. I eat healthy, drink a lot of water and take good care of my skin as far as I know. I wash it twice a day gently in the morning to try and avoid over washing it and once again at night. I do wear foundation but always take it off completely, different foundations has never really seemed to make my acne better or worse.
I also apply lotion and topical cream from my dermatologist. I have tried many topical creams for acne and face washes but my acne will never go away. It does get slightly better when I am not near my period. Any ideas as to why i am still breaking out? Or any tips that you know of to help? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@chishittyacne)

Posted : 03/07/2016 2:35 pm

try eating a very salty diet. worked for me, all i eat is ramen noodles and my acne is gone. it only took about a week

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 03/07/2016 3:14 pm

Hi apvelik, sounds like you are doing the right things already but unfortunately some of us will still struggle to get moderate acne under control. There is lots of advice across the forums you can read about diet and all of the treatment options from home remedies to medications. Maybe it's time to consider birth control or antibiotics through your dermatologist. Best of luck!