Notifications
Clear all

Post Accutane Dark Spots? Help me classify this

MemberMember
(@complex7)

Posted : 03/01/2016 10:56 pm

I believe this started after my initial breakout with accutane but I'm not entirely sure. I stopped using accutane 2 weeks ago. Could any of you please help me classify this and how to remedy it? time? product? I'm grateful for any help

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/02/2016 10:13 am

This is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and these marks will fade on their own with time. If you want to speed up the process, you could try 10% glycolic acid (AHA). Dan's AHA is a moisturizer, and you could use in place of your regular moisturizer once or twice a week, or dilute in your moisturizer for everyday use. I'd start with a pea-size amount dliuted with lots of moistuizer to see how your skin reacts, and then slowing increase the dose. This will give your skin a mild chemical peel to help speed up fading of PIH.

Hope this is helpful! 🙂

MemberMember
(@theonewhoknockss)

Posted : 03/02/2016 12:32 pm

2 hours ago, DeLovely said:

This is post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, and these marks will fade on their own with time. If you want to speed up the process, you could try 10% glycolic acid (AHA). Dan's AHA is a moisturizer, and you could use in place of your regular moisturizer once or twice a week, or dilute in your moisturizer for everyday use. I'd start with a pea-size amount dliuted with lots of moistuizer to see how your skin reacts, and then slowing increase the dose. This will give your skin a mild chemical peel to help speed up fading of PIH.

Hope this is helpful! :)

Thanks so much :) Do you know if it it reccomended I use this so shortly after accutane though?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/02/2016 12:37 pm

8 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnockss said:
Thanks so much :) Do you know if it it reccomended I use this so shortly after accutane though?

Yeah I wouldn't know that, I've never taken accutane. You may want to check with your derm first. But 10% glycolic acid is pretty mild compared to traditional chemical peels, so I imagine it's OK, especially if you dilute it and maybe only use every other day. The marks do eventually fade on their own even if you do nothing. :)