Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide - skin peeling

MemberMember
(@superman312)

Posted : 02/19/2016 12:07 am

I have been using this product for around 1.5 months, always following it up with oil-free moisturizer around 15 minutes after applying; before I go to sleep. I only use an amount which goes up to the first line on my index finger; so not much. I can't use this for more than 5 days without parts of my face starting to peel. I only use the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 02/19/2016 1:33 am

Hi, that is completely normal. Happened to me even in my 2nd month. Don't be worried, it's supposed to happen. Just keep using the regimen like you are supposed to.

MemberMember
(@superman312)

Posted : 02/19/2016 2:26 am

well I actually stop for 2-3 days until it subsides before using again. so its almost like i use it during the week, and then don't use it on the weekend. if i dont stop then it just gets worse and worse, and I don't want to go out in public with my skin all peeling and flaky

MemberMember
(@olenaloves)

Posted : 02/19/2016 3:12 pm

Do you apply your moisturizer to dry skin? If so, then you aren't actually moisturizing.

Benzoyl Peroxide is meant to kill acne causing bacteria, it's not meant to make your skin peel. Being too harsh on your skin may have the opposite effect - more acne as opposed to less.

I would recommend dampening your face with water after the BP has dried, and then applying moisturizer. A moisturizer is meant to seal in moisture from water, it won't actually do anything if applied to completely dry skin.

With love,
Olena