Notifications
Clear all

Cystic Pimple now has huge whitehead on top of it

MemberMember
(@johnsone2)

Posted : 12/22/2015 10:59 pm

I used to get cystic pimples all of the time, usually on my chin. Once I started using Differin .1 Gel, my acne cleared up significantly and I only got 1 cyst every few months. The past few weeks, I have been worrying and stressing over finals at college, which conveniently caused 2 cysts on my chin and one by my nose to form. The one by my nose and one on my chin have gone down a lot, but the other one on my chin is still pretty large and now has a HUGE whitehead on it that feels like a crusty scab. I am so tempted to pop it with a needle but I know it will make it worse. Someone please give me some advice before I give in and make the mistake of popping it. To help with the size and pain, I have been putting a hot green tea bag over it and doing cold compresses with ice. I also use ACV toner everynight and differin every other night. To try and get the swelling to go down, I have been using hydrocortisone cream a few times and vick's vaporub. Anything else I could to to make the whitehead disappear? And the cyst as well haha

MemberMember
(@rollercoaster)

Posted : 12/22/2015 11:19 pm

make sure you get a lot of sleep; those always pop for me while i'm sleeping and i wake up with an explosion and dried blood on the surface lol. the only thing left to do is for it to pop so if you arent confident in doing it yourself just try to get more sleep so it will pop by itself (it's more embarrassng if it pops in the day while you're talking with someone )

MemberMember
(@beyouuuu)

Posted : 12/24/2015 10:10 am

Hot Compress is key!!!

however I have dealt with acne since 7th grade.. I'm in my 2nd year of college but Ihad cystic acne for 2 years ..

I started using PANOXYL 10% which has BP which helped a lot . Because you only have two pimples I would recommend buying that products and using it as a spot wash. Wash the areas, pea size of Panoxyl, circular movements on the pimples rinse it of in about 25 secs.. apply medication. But Be Patient:)

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 12/24/2015 3:15 pm

Try a castor oil hot compress! I just posted about it the other day and it really worked. I did it about 4 times yesterday. It's 90% gone today.

Cold compresses help swelling, warm/hot compresses bring healthy blood circulation to the cyst to heal it and destroy the bacteria. Castor oil will also aid in killing the bacteria!