Notifications
Clear all

What should I do to get rid of these little pimples that are only on my cheeks

MemberMember
(@polkadottedpunk012)

Posted : 12/19/2015 8:08 am

So I am 16 and just living like a typical teenager. But then these little pimples showed up on after the other and it is killing my confidence. All I wanna know are what specific treatment do I need to use, what routine should I go through every morning and evening, and what products you recommend for these kind of acnes. Can you give products that I can find on a local drugstore? I'm not very rich.This is what it looks like. By the way, my face is oily and I don't wear makeup unless on special occassions. Help me.Screenshot_2015-12-19-20-57-42.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-12-19-20-56-21.png

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 12/20/2015 5:50 am

Looks like some comedones. Unfortunately non-inflammatory acne is a little harder to treat than inflammatory.

First off don't pick these! You'll most likely find if you try to extract them they will become super red and angry.

*If you haven't tried anything yet*, most people start of with a salicylic acid wash (also known as BHA), to exfoliate,break up the little clogs in your pores and bring them out. Most of the common skin care brands have a product with salicylic acid in them, like clearasil and so on, just take a look at the ingredients.

If you wanna also tackle it two pronged and can splurge a bit more moneythen you can also try a benzoylperoxide cream at the same time, benzoyl peroxide is another effective and widely used acne treatment which has a comedolytic effect. For example you can buy thisone from a drug store where I live and it works pretty well for spot treating for me. http://www.clearasil.co.nz/acne-treatment-cream

Personally I think simple regimes are better, especially if you don't do much to your face currently. Start of with the salicylic acid cleanser and see if that helps, if your skin gets dry just use a simple moisturizer like cetaphil or such after you wash your face. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!!

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 12/20/2015 3:48 pm

That's killing your confidence? You really think it's that bad? Youreally don't have tobe worrying about thatwith the way it looks now, unless it starts getting worse of course then in that case listen to the person above me as he/she seems to know what they're talking about. But seriously that is nothing to worry about, just be happy you aren't getting monster cysts and marks everywhere from them.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/20/2015 3:58 pm

On December 19, 2015 at 808 AM, PolkadottedPUNK012 said:

So I am 16 and just living like a typical teenager. But then these little pimples showed up on after the other and it is killing my confidence. All I wanna know are what specific treatment do I need to use, what routine should I go through every morning and evening, and what products you recommend for these kind of acnes. Can you give products that I can find on a local drugstore? I'm not very rich.This is what it looks like. By the way, my face is oily and I don't wear makeup unless on special occassions. Help me.Screenshot_2015-12-19-20-57-42.thumb.png

Screenshot_2015-12-19-20-56-21.png

Try the clean and clear regimen.