Notifications
Clear all

Are hormones really to blame?

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 12/15/2015 10:20 pm

I happened to see this show on tv recently that got me questioning whether hormones, specifically testosterone, arereally to blame for acne. I'm starting to think its not always that we have too many hormones, but that for whatever reason (genetics, liver overburdoned with toxins??) our body is just very sensitive to hormones and cant deal with them the way other people can.

The show was about 2 young women who were transgender and wanted to be men. They were both getting injected with male hormones and it followed their progress as they started developing facial hair, deeper voices etc. Curiously though neither of them developed acne. In fact they both had very nice clear skin. Now wouldnt you think all of those extra male hormones in a womans body would causeacne - since everyone says that acne is caused by hormones and too many androgens?

Just something to think about.

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/16/2015 2:57 am

Its not always the case of excess testosterone. Ithink its because some people a higherandrogen sensitivity in their skin. Like for example I have normal/low testorsterone levels in my body. But I always get bad breakouts before period and during my ovulation bcz my androgenreceptors are more sensitive. Any hormonal change influences my skin.

MemberMember
(@kelly-jones)

Posted : 12/17/2015 5:33 am

IT IS THE WATER!!!! Weacne prone ppl are allergic to chemicals. STOP using them!!

Our skincan't handle Free Chlorine (Cl-), Combined Chlorine ( Sodium Hypochlorite), Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell) andIron Oxide (rust water)

Get a filtered shower head!!!! You will be amazed how your water is damaging your skin and hair. A filter will filter chemicals making your hard water softer. Trust me, I have tried everything before I started washing my body with only filtered water. Wash your face with combinations of honey, lemon, and coconut oil and sugar for exfoliation. Thayers Witch Hazel (No Alcohol) as toner. Use aloe Vera gel as moisturizer. Tea tree oil is great too. Best of wishes.