Notifications
Clear all

Any solution/recommendations for blackheads on your nose?

MemberMember
(@ollyl)

Posted : 12/04/2015 3:33 am

Hi There,

Like most of you I've had mild/moderate acne since being a teenager and it fluctuates between mild breakouts and my face looking like an erupting volcano. I've tried numerous treatments for it over the years and from my own extensive testing I can say that the advice on this website is spot on (no pun intended!).

One aspect of my acnewhich I've never really been able to get on top of though are the blackheads which fill my enlarged pores. They occur sometimes on my cheeks and forehead but predominantly on my nose and the only way I've found to (temporarily) clear them is through mechanically squeezing them out which usually leads to breakouts.

Are there any chemical approaches to clear your blackhead? I use alternating doses ofAdapalene / Glycolic Acid as part of my current regime but these don't seem to shift them. I was wondering if perhaps a good steaming over a bowl of boiling water might help?

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

Olly

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@skrillexxi)

Posted : 12/05/2015 11:28 pm

I've always had a big problem with blackheads too. I recently started using benzoyl peroxide wash (panoxyl) and it has done wonders to my blackheads its like you can't even notice them anymore. I'm also on tretinoin which may be helping with that too.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/05/2015 11:31 pm

On December 4, 2015 at 353 AM, OllyL said:

Hi There,

Like most of you I've had mild/moderate acne since being a teenager and it fluctuates between mild breakouts and my face looking like an erupting volcano. I've tried numerous treatments for it over the years and from my own extensive testing I can say that the advice on this website is spot on (no pun intended!).

One aspect of my acne which I've never really been able to get on top of though are the blackheads which fill my enlarged pores. They occur sometimes on my cheeks and forehead but predominantly on my nose and the only way I've found to (temporarily) clear them is through mechanically squeezing them out which usually leads to breakouts.

Are there any chemical approaches to clear your blackhead? I use alternating doses of Adapalene / Glycolic Acid as part of my current regime but these don't seem to shift them. I was wondering if perhaps a good steaming over a bowl of boiling water might help?

Any suggestions welcome! 

Cheers,

Olly

Clay/Mud Mask :) please don't squeeze, blackheads sometimes turn into pimples.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/06/2015 12:40 am

1 hour ago, oyinkan98 said:

Clay/Mud Mask :) please don't squeeze, blackheads sometimes turn into pimples.

I tried a lot of mud masks and all they do is remove dead skin  only :( 

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 12/06/2015 1:43 am

1 hour ago, chrt_mvc said:

I tried a lot of mud masks and all they do is remove dead skin  only :( 

Egg whites mask,  Baking soda and water, pore strips. 🙂

MemberMember
(@skinniest)

Posted : 12/06/2015 4:57 pm

I use walnuts and they work wonderfully. Just get some fresh walnuts and rub them on your face. They drag everything bad out. They will turn your skin red if you rub too long but it's temporary.

MemberMember
(@chrt_mvc)

Posted : 12/06/2015 5:29 pm

what I do to remove dead skin tho is I mix my cleanser with a little bit of white sugar and it's like a scrub ...... I do this like once a week 🙂

MemberMember
(@alyssa-w)

Posted : 12/06/2015 10:07 pm

Are you sure they are black heads and not sebaceous filaments? It is common for this to occur on the nose as well as in the other zones you described. They resemble black heads, but are usually a smidgelighter in colorand when you extract them won't have the black tip. These are usually caused by your skin overproducing its natural oils, which can be caused by excessive/use of over-drying products and/or an out of balance skin PH. As such dead skin and excess oil will clog the tube where the oil comes from and bam, you look like you have a blackhead.If you take a trip to google you can find some articles that are way more articulate and way better at explaining it than I am as well as how to treat them, which will usually include masks and balancing and maintaining your skin's PH.