Notifications
Clear all

Is this acne? (photos included) if so, what do you reccomend? if not, what it is?

MemberMember
(@markdanieljohnson123)

Posted : 11/22/2015 6:44 pm

Hello all,

I am recently turned 24 year old male who has never had much of a problem with acne apart from the occasional zit in my early teens.  However, in the last year or so I™ve developed what seems to be acne, my skin is especially oily (although it has been in the past) and have accumulated a number of small œpimples? Basically along my chin and jaw line I have a ton of non-heading small bumps that when squeezed emit a white filling, they are rarely soar apart from the occasional big one.  My forehead is the same way but a little redder.  Apart from these small ˜pimples™ I have been getting reoccurring cysts under each of my earlobes, one of which got quite big (nearly the size of a nickel) before I used drawing salve to bring it to a head. I™ve attached pictures to give you a better idea.

Some personal info: I™ve had little luck with typical acne lotion (the acidic kind), and just today started trying banana masks.  My diet is pretty good, vegetarian so a lot of rice, pasta and vegetables, with the occasional greasy meal.  I work as a graduate assistant so have been spending a lot of time in front of a computer/over book.  I™ve recently moved from the Midwest to the South.

With all that in mind, could anyone possible enlighten me as to what sort of acne (if that it is) I have developed, or recommend any products or methods? Would be very grateful, as all this is quite frustrating.
Thanks,
Mark

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 11/23/2015 12:13 am

It looks like acne to me. As for how to treat it - i'm still figuring that one out myself. Some people like those "acne" washes/creamsbut personally i find they dry out my skin and aggravate it so i go for products with natural ingredients that are for sensitive skin, anduse things like honey and yogurt for a face mask.

Did the acne outbreak coincide with your move? Is there something different about where you live now (i'm not from usa so i don't really know whats the difference between"midwest" and "south"!) Or has anything else changed in your lifestyle? Some people's acne can be caused by change in diet or a kind of allergicreactionto a new topical product or chemical. Have youstarted eating something new, or more junk food? Just trying to think of some possible culprits.