Notifications
Clear all

What Are These White Things?

MemberMember
(@forlove)

Posted : 09/16/2015 6:20 pm

Aside from having moderate acne I got to deal with these things on my chin/ mouth. Are these sebaceous filaments? Not sure what they are, but I could not find a picture of something like this online. Any ideas?

post-489892-0-44747100-1442445588.jpg

MemberMember
(@l93)

Posted : 09/17/2015 9:30 am

omg i have the same things !! but more of them than you! all around my mouth chin and nose. And i dont know what that could be. I can scrub them off but then they come back. It looks like they come out of our pores. weird.....

I hope someone can tell us what it is but tomorrow i will go to the doc if he will hell me what it is . i will tell you .

Sorry for my english i am from germany

MemberMember
(@l93)

Posted : 09/17/2015 1:02 pm

can i ask what do you use? acne products or any other stuff like that? how do you wash your face how often and what do you think where your acne does come from

MemberMember
(@forlove)

Posted : 09/17/2015 3:29 pm

can i ask what do you use? acne products or any other stuff like that? how do you wash your face how often and what do you think where your acne does come from

I used to use the 3 step Clinique products twice per day with no suncreen and no BP. Recently I switched to Paula's Choice Products with cleanser, toner, SA, BP, moisturize and sunscreen. I only used PC products for a week because I freaked out when I started to develop multiple cysts which I usually do not get (I'm a guy btw). Could have just been a purging period, but I didn't like the idea of using too many products and wanted to stray away from it. Could also be from stress or from the recent protein powder that may have messed up my hormone. Anyway, now, I only use this tropical gentle cleanser twice per day, natural physical exfoliator twice a week, PC gel moisturizer with jojoba oil, and 100% tea tree oil for spot treatment (not sure if it does anything). Also stopped taking protein supplements.

Regarding the white particles, sebum or w/e, I seem to get them when I do not wash my face for like a day or two. SA exfoliator seems to do a decent job at preventing them, but I wanted to stray away from harsh chemicals. TO note my skin is dry/normal then turns greasy/oily at the end of the day. Maybe I should visit my doctor whenever I have a chance. What did your dermatologist say?

MemberMember
(@l93)

Posted : 09/17/2015 4:10 pm

oh okay many products. its a goed idea too minimise them. I go tomorrow morning to the doctor. then I will tell you his opinion what these white things could be. i am on the caveman regimen. so i dont wash my face. maybe the pores want to put out the sebum on its own and its something good. this is what i hope but tomorrow we know more :-) .

MemberMember
(@l93)

Posted : 09/18/2015 4:12 am

he told me he has no idea what it could be and gave me cortison -.- !!!!!!! :@

MemberMember
(@constipation)

Posted : 09/18/2015 12:24 pm

i have had this for 5+ years and still don't know what it is. It usually comes out the most in the shower when i run my face under warm steamy water. It usually rubs off with gentle exfoliation under these conditions but keeps coming back.

MemberMember
(@coldwash)

Posted : 09/18/2015 12:54 pm

I don't know what they're called, but it's really easy to get rid of them. Wet the affected areas (usually the chin and nose) and put some baking soda on them, wait around a minute and wash it off. It might sting a bit, that's why you shouldn't let the baking soda sit for too long. Do this 2 times a week MAX. If you can manage to do it only once a week, that'd be even better. Your skin will be super soft and nice after that. I've been doing this for a pretty long time and it works amazing. :)

MemberMember
(@l93)

Posted : 09/19/2015 3:47 am

thanks for your answering :-) I will try baking soda after my caveman regimen. first i want to look if my skin can heal from it on its own. maybe the pores want to push it out to heal 0:-)

MemberMember
(@acnechunsa)

Posted : 09/21/2015 12:25 am

I have the same exact issue! They are so annoying... Keep us updated on your progress!

MemberMember
(@l93)

Posted : 09/21/2015 3:02 pm

I have the same exact issue! They are so annoying... Keep us updated on your progress!

okay i want to try "to do nothing" for half a year, maybe longer. but isnt it weird that nobody knows what it is or could be??????]

Can i ask what do YOU use for your face every day. i want to find out if there is a connection :-]

MemberMember
(@dogladyflies)

Posted : 09/22/2015 3:05 pm

Dogladyflies Sept 22-15

Funny white cone shaped clogs

I too share this anomaly of the strange white things coming from my very small pores. Using a 10x magnifing mirror ( not for the faint hearted), I noticed at first what appeared to be tiny white , flat, inactive rice-like clogs. Never one to iGnore it, I began using a lance to "pop" a few & heard a distinct popping sound. The white kernel would be revealed, but required light extraction to get them out.

I have since found using a clean buff puff works well.

Characteristics of these unknown particles follows:

1-they are isolated in mandible area & left inner cheek. I sleep on right side.

2-After reading about a similar occurrence enhanced with finer description of the kernels being cone, horn, or tusk shaped .

3- So I once again examined my face. Sure enough the spots were now taking the shape of small tusks!

When I showed my esthethisian the "invaders" she said she didn't see them? But they are there & I have been popping them out madly. I'm going to do dermabrasion next week. Being accustomed to perfect Caucasion skin, this event has plummeted my confidence.

Any comments on these things? I had been using Soolantra, Mirvaso, coconut & using Cetaphil for cleansing. Wondered if any of those caused the clogs. ALSO, once diagnosed with Rosacea, I discontinued using my Retin A (Tretonine 0.1%) & my skin is not smooth now.

MemberMember
(@acnechunsa)

Posted : 09/22/2015 11:16 pm

@L93

I use acne.org regimen. (Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Acne.org BP, and Cerave PM lotion). My theory is that it is related to my digestion. I heard that acne on your cheeks might indicate a respiratory problem (ex:smoking) or overheating. I do get hot pretty easily. My stomach area is pretty warm all the time. I also think mine started after taking Solodyn (tetracycline).

@forlove

Weird...these things are also on MY LEFT CHEEK...! I sleep on my back...so it really can't be the pillow case...

MemberMember
(@jackie1444)

Posted : 01/14/2021 9:08 pm

I also have this on my face and now have found a way to keep my skin clean . I use a sulfur soap to wash my face and also use a exfoliating glove . But also have a water shower filter that has helped so much . It's a kind of fungus that gets in your pores due to water and pollution. I also useketozonil cream . Followed by a good moisturizer that you may need to use a few times during the day.