Dairy

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/18/2015 5:15 am

If you have or have had acne, the first people tell you is to remove dairy. Hasn't anyone considered that taking out diary from your diet might NOT be such a good idea? For people with north european descent, who have been eating dairy for centuries, why shouldn't we eat it? My ancestors diets basically lived on this stuff. It provides calcium. Yeah, but is also the best sources of vitamin K2 (mk4) that you can't get anywhere else (natto is actually mk7). And, if you don't regularly eat organ meats, or fish eggs, that people did if they were a vegan community, you can't get it anywhere else. Vitamin k2 is needed along with vitamin D, and thus, protects your teeth and bones. Milk also provides CLA, and a ton of other vitamins and minerals (A,D, phosphorus) that actually fights inflammation.

If you have read the Weston Price book about teeth and stuff, it does not make sense to cut out dairy.

This is all grass-fed, or organic, dairy though (full-fat of course). Best would be unpasteurized.

See: http://chriskresser.com/dairy-food-of-the-gods-or-neolithic-agent-of-disease/

"Vitamin K2, MK-4 is only found in animal products. The best sources known are grass-fed butter from cows eating rapidly growing grass, and foie gras. K2 tends to associate with beta-carotene in butter, so the darker the color, the more K2 it contains (also, the better it tastes). Fish eggs, other grass-fed dairy, insects and other organ meats are also good sources." How often do you eat this other stuff?

One thing I noticed when I took out dairy for almost two years was my teeth. Yeah. It is true that I can get calcium from other sources, but what about K2?

The whole argument is hormones right? That's why we get acne? The cows are pregnant when milked or something like that. Or that we can't digest lactose or casein. Raw milk actually contain the enzyme needed to digest lactose but is removed during pasturization. But what if it is just the processed, inorganic, part that we can't handle? If that is it it would be bad if we took it out without getting this stuff from some other place. How often do you want to eat organ meats?

MemberMember
(@lessismore)

Posted : 08/18/2015 3:43 pm

Everything is good in moderation. Yogurt and kefir are loaded with probiotics and help aid digestion aswell!