Notifications
Clear all

My Theory On Acne. This Will Help You

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 08/13/2015 1:59 pm

Hey my name is David, im 22 and I love to help people. If you have adult acne this will help you A LOT. Teenagers will benefit from this too!

I have this theory, (this is only a theory cause I dont have official labs to make these official facts nor am I a scientist. This is only from experience). Ill start off with some background. 15-18 i had the best skin of my life, 19-22 worse skin of my life. When I was 15-18 I did not gain weight or get acne from what i ate and I ate awful awful things. Fast foward 19-22, I gained 20 pounds and got horrible inflammed acne. I mean everyday I was getting one big pimple. So if you're wondering why, its because I'm getting older and not younger. The older you get the slower your metabolism gets. So all the processed foods that I've always ate, all the carbs and sweets my body cannot handle any longer. So my body can't break down these foods anymore at this age. I was never the one to eat vegetables but now I'm like a little rabbit eating all these greens and carrots lol.

In conclusion, your adult acne is because of two things, Irritation and vitamin deficiency. I will provide you steps that will help you with not just acne but your overall health as well. YOU WILL BENEFIT I TELL YA NOW!!!!

1. Its time to switch over to the sensitive side. If you have lots of acne your skin is sensitive i dont care what you say. If it wasnt then you wouldnt have acne. Ive came across one brand that I love, its called bioelements, they are environment friendly and their ingredients are mostly natural. Try their sensitive skin cleanser and calmitude sensitive facial lotion for those who have dry skin. I tried various facial cleansers and this is the only one that does not dry me out. Drying can cause irritation and results to acne.

2. Cut out processed foods! Gluten is poison. That means whole grain, wheat, oats.

3. Cut out carbs. Being Asian i loved rice, but ive notice its too loaded with carbs (45g per cup) and i used to eat maybe 4 cups every meal. Carb overload can cause your sugar insulin to rise which causes inflammation! acne is inflammation! You don't have to cut it out completely but i recommend going low as 50-60gs a day.

4. Vegetables!!! they are loaded with vitamins that can help prevent acne. Here are vegetables that i eat on a daily basis

Broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, onions and carrots.

5. Fruits! Peaches, mango and red grapes are my favorite and are shown to help fight acne. Red grapes have antioxidants that help clear toxins in the body!

6. WATER. you need water for your skin to operate smoothly! it was helps us LIVE! 8 cups atleast! this is vital!

7. CUT OUT SWEETS COMPLETELY.

Follow these steps and you will see results as short as two weeks! GOODLUCK!

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 08/13/2015 2:29 pm

This is not paleo diet or natural diet, although it is very similar. Its more of getting vitamins from vegetables and fruits. Even though it didn't work for you right away, it doesnt mean just give up because you will still benefit from it. It will maintain your weight, even lose weight at the same time help prevent new reoccuring acne. If you have serve acne of course its going take long. If the reason is hormonal up your omega 3 intake from fish or supplements. If its stress find an activity or meditate to control it. In combination with all this you will have better overall skin.

I mostly eat meat and vegetables, even when i started i was still breaking out but it got less and less. i kept on with it and now i dont break out as much. Its like practicing, it takes time to get better.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 08/13/2015 3:24 pm

What does your diet consists of

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 08/13/2015 4:21 pm

This is not paleo diet or natural diet, although it is very similar. Its more of getting vitamins from vegetables and fruits. Even though it didn't work for you right away, it doesnt mean just give up because you will still benefit from it. It will maintain your weight, even lose weight at the same time help prevent new reoccuring acne. If you have serve acne of course its going take long. If the reason is hormonal up your omega 3 intake from fish or supplements. If its stress find an activity or meditate to control it. In combination with all this you will have better overall skin.

I mostly eat meat and vegetables, even when i started i was still breaking out but it got less and less. i kept on with it and now i dont break out as much. Its like practicing, it takes time to get better.

I've been eating healthy for years and still have acne. Fish oil supplements were not helpful, either. Every "natural solution" or "healthy solution" has been a failure in my experience.

Its really not about consuming natural things, its about consuming vitamins that help PREVENT and FIGHT acne. If you eat broccoli, carrots, and spinach everyday, at least 1/2 a cup of each, i know damn well your skin will get better if you dont irritate it with other products and cut out all processed foods along with a lot of water.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/13/2015 7:14 pm

I found that gluten doesn't make me break out at all, neither do oats sweets or diet in general. I don't necessarily eat a lot of processed foods. I try to keep it healthy by eating brown rice every meal, and most of my meals consist of chickenbreast or beef mostly. I guess it depends, some people break out from food, some don't.

I have noticed dairy does break me out though, you should of included that on the list :P

Although if you are a teenager, there really isn't a whole lot you can do about your acne. I really think its just a phase and it'll fade as you get older

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 08/13/2015 7:26 pm

I found that gluten doesn't make me break out at all, neither do oats sweets or diet in general. I don't necessarily eat a lot of processed foods. I try to keep it healthy by eating brown rice every meal, and most of my meals consist of chickenbreast or beef mostly. I guess it depends, some people break out from food, some don't.

I have noticed dairy does break me out though, you should of included that on the list :P

Although if you are a teenager, there really isn't a whole lot you can do about your acne. I really think its just a phase and it'll fade as you get older

Very true that dairy breaks you out if it's not moderate. I ate two slices of cheese cake and broke out. What I'm trying to say is that if you consume lots of vitamins from fruit and vegetables it will help prevent inflamed acne.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/14/2015 4:28 am

Very true that dairy breaks you out if it's not moderate. I ate two slices of cheese cake and broke out. What I'm trying to say is that if you consume lots of vitamins from fruit and vegetables it will help prevent inflamed acne.

Oh yeah theres no doubt that an all around healthy died will prevent acne. I totally believe that, and more than that it will give you more healthy looking skin.

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 08/14/2015 6:49 am

We already know what acne is and how to cure it.

"Acne vulgaris, an epidemic inflammatory skin disease of adolescence, is closely related to Western diet. Three major food classes that promote acne are:

1) hyperglycemic carbohydrates,

2) milk and dairy products,

3) saturated fats including trans-fats and deficient -3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs).

Diet-induced insulin/insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1)-signaling is superimposed on elevated IGF-1 levels during puberty, thereby unmasking the impact of aberrant nutrigenomics on sebaceous gland homeostasis.

Western diet provides abundant branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), glutamine, and palmitic acid. Insulin and IGF-1 suppress the activity of the metabolic transcription factor forkhead box O1 (FoxO1). Insulin, IGF-1, BCAAs, glutamine, and palmitate activate the nutrient-sensitive kinase mechanistic target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1), the key regulator of anabolism and lipogenesis.

FoxO1 is a negative coregulator of androgen receptor, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor- (PPAR), liver X receptor-, and sterol response element binding protein-1c (SREBP-1c), crucial transcription factors of sebaceous lipogenesis. mTORC1 stimulates the expression of PPAR and SREBP-1c, promoting sebum production.

SREBP-1c upregulates stearoyl-CoA- and 6-desaturase, enhancing the proportion of monounsaturated fatty acids in sebum triglycerides. Diet-mediated aberrations in sebum quantity (hyperseborrhea) and composition (dysseborrhea) promote Propionibacterium acnes overgrowth and biofilm formation with overexpression of the virulence factor triglyceride lipase increasing follicular levels of free palmitate and oleate. Free palmitate functions as a danger signal, stimulating toll-like receptor-2-mediated inflammasome activation with interleukin-1 release, Th17 differentiation, and interleukin-17-mediated keratinocyte proliferation. Oleate stimulates P. acnes adhesion, keratinocyte proliferation, and comedogenesis via interleukin-1 release. Thus, diet-induced metabolomic alterations promote the visible sebofollicular inflammasomopathy acne vulgaris.

Nutrition therapy of acne has to increase FoxO1 and to attenuate mTORC1/SREBP-1c signaling. Patients should balance total calorie uptake and restrict refined carbohydrates, milk, dairy protein supplements, saturated fats, and trans-fats. A paleolithic-like diet enriched in vegetables and fish is recommended. Plant-derived mTORC1 inhibitors and -3-PUFAs are promising dietary supplements supporting nutrition therapy of acne vulgaris.

( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4507494/ )

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/14/2015 3:46 pm

Acne forms in 2+ months so you won't know if it actually works until then. It will not take 2 weeks unless you have very mild surface acne. Although you are right with regards to the vitamin deficiency involved in acne. But carbs don't necessarily cause acne, however, the phytic acid content will make your vitamin deficiencies worse. What you do is to soak beans, grains, and beans before eating them. Anything natural, unprocessed should be fine (fruit, veggies etc). Grass-fed dairy should be fine too, especially if you are of nordic, Scandinavian, descent. Our diet has been based on raw dairy so our bodies should def be able to handle them. This does not mean sugar filled, pasteurized farmed dairy though. Start juicing, veggies, everyday. You will need 2+ months though to see results, and for some it takes like 6+ months. Vitamin deficiencies takes so long to rectify. Hang in there, and don't be too hard on yourself. Some bad stuff once in awhile will not kill you, or set you back. Do your best. Stress is the worst, so if you really need that brownie, eat it. Drink more veggie juice tmrw to balance it out.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 08/31/2015 9:50 am

Acne forms in 2+ months so you won't know if it actually works until then. It will not take 2 weeks unless you have very mild surface acne. Although you are right with regards to the vitamin deficiency involved in acne. But carbs don't necessarily cause acne, however, the phytic acid content will make your vitamin deficiencies worse. What you do is to soak beans, grains, and beans before eating them. Anything natural, unprocessed should be fine (fruit, veggies etc). Grass-fed dairy should be fine too, especially if you are of nordic, Scandinavian, descent. Our diet has been based on raw dairy so our bodies should def be able to handle them. This does not mean sugar filled, pasteurized farmed dairy though. Start juicing, veggies, everyday. You will need 2+ months though to see results, and for some it takes like 6+ months. Vitamin deficiencies takes so long to rectify. Hang in there, and don't be too hard on yourself. Some bad stuff once in awhile will not kill you, or set you back. Do your best. Stress is the worst, so if you really need that brownie, eat it. Drink more veggie juice tmrw to balance it out.

Thanks for the advice. That's very true, anything you intake that is organic is 100% fine.