Notifications
Clear all

Help Me! 🙁

MemberMember
(@danielle97)

Posted : 08/01/2015 7:15 pm

So I'm 13 weeks pregnant. And ever since I've found out my skin went CRAZY. My face is finally cleared up, but I got this breakout on my chest :( it itches , burns & if any clothing touches it, it's almost painful.. I have to wear loose clothing bc my chest burns & no I haven't used anything on it to cause a reaction.. Does anyone have any tips to clear this ? I'm miserable

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/01/2015 7:23 pm

First off, congratulations on your pregnancy! My husband and I plan on starting a family within the next year :)

This looks like an allergic reaction and not acne per say. It may be a staph infection or folliculitis, and if either of those are the case I suggest seeing a doctor immediately. If this is a staph infection, you do not want it to go untreated -- http://www.livestrong.com/article/551151-staph-exposure-while-pregnant/ I would aim on the side of caution and get into a doctor as soon as possible.

Try using a 1% cortisone cream on this rash (this is safe for pregnant woman: http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20130904/use-of-low-dose-steroid-creams-during-pregnancy-wont-affect-baby-study )

But do not rely on cortisone cream for long term use, or to cure a staph infection - you need antibiotics to do that.

Staph is painful; I have had a few infection in my life and know what your going through. I am 90% certain this is what you have. Please see a doctor (it doesn't have to be a dermatologist to diagnose a staph infection). You might benefit from going to Urgent Care too. Sooner the better. You don't want this to develop in MRSA.

Sending you well wishes! <3

MemberMember
(@danielle97)

Posted : 08/01/2015 7:36 pm

Thank you so much! I'm gonna try to see my doctor ASAP .. I'm miserable !! I just want to look on the outside , as I feel in the inside .... HAPPY :) And enjoy my pregnancy!! Thanks for the tips , I really appreciate it :)

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/01/2015 7:41 pm

You are welcome Danielle! I am certain things will look up from here. Keep your spirits up!