Notifications
Clear all

I Think I'm Becoming Depressed

MemberMember
(@alpxa)

Posted : 07/30/2015 5:48 am

Hello everyone I just wanted to post on here because I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and it seems like it makes people feel better. Anyways, I'm a 16 year old guy and I've had clear skin pretty much my whole life. I was a pretty attractive guy in middle school(not trying to brag or anything) and i had a lot of friends and could get any girl I wanted(again not trying to brag or be cocky, I'm just trying to vent). I was very proud of how I looked and I took good care of myself. I was loving life. Then high school started. Around the middle of freshman year I started to notice my face was breaking out, I didn't take much notice until a couple months later. I started getting facials and using different kinds of face wash....nothing worked :/

It continued all the way through freshman and sophomore progressively getting worse. Some days I would skip school because of how embarrassed I was. I also starting visiting a derm during sophomore year, I was on 3 topicals and they just made my face even worse. I recently started accutane and I was super excited because I thought my face was going to clear up. I'm on week 4 and it has only made my face worse. I feel like I'm being punished or something. Nothing works and my confidence is at an all time low. I don't want to do anything I just want to stay inside and hide my face from everyone. I can't even make eye contact with people anymore it's pathetic. I feel as if I'm becoming depressed and i honestly don't know what to do. This past year and a half has been the worst days of my entire life and I just want it to be over. If anyone has any advice or anything on when accutane will kick in plz plz let me know I would really appreciate it.

P.s my acne is not severe, I don't have any cysts just lots of whiteheads and pimples and my face is like red around my mouth and nose.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 07/30/2015 6:44 am

Don't worry... Earlier this year I didn't leave the house once for five months.

I'm on my 6th month of accutane now and it definately definately got worse until the third/fourth month. It's cleared a lot now, my main problem just being redness and the occasional closed comedone which goes in a day. Now I'm out pretty much every day and getting my life back on track... It's hard, and there are still days where I cancel plans or dont leave or call sick, but overall you will get there.

:) x

alpxa liked
MemberMember
(@hugh1995)

Posted : 07/30/2015 7:13 am

Don't worry... Earlier this year I didn't leave the house once for five months.

I'm on my 6th month of accutane now and it definately definately got worse until the third/fourth month. It's cleared a lot now, my main problem just being redness and the occasional closed comedone which goes in a day. Now I'm out pretty much every day and getting my life back on track... It's hard, and there are still days where I cancel plans or dont leave or call sick, but overall you will get there.

:) x

I'm beating you, I haven't left my home since january..... I know some people just can't comprehend staying indoors for that long but unless you know what it feels like it's pretty hard to understand.

alpxa liked
MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/30/2015 8:23 am

Hang in there, you'll make it through. Don't stress on the accutane not working, it generally takes a few months before it starts really kicking it. I know the feels bro, I was almost full coverage all highschool. I just got on accutane at 25, I'm a supervisor and confront over 400 people a day and I can not just decide to stay home. You can make it through it, people are not as judgemental about how we look as we are on ourself. Most people just ignor it. I had it bad highschool, still had a friends, a girlfriend and a job. You'll be ok!

alpxa liked
MemberMember
(@nchl1995)

Posted : 07/30/2015 1:07 pm

Don't be depressed man!! I can totally feel you. I too have been depressed bcoz of acne.

Pranayama Yoga helped me. It cleared up 95% of my acne. Google it.

Pranayama breathing exercises require discipline but It would help your acne Immensly!!

TRY IT!!

alpxa liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/30/2015 2:26 pm

You have lots of whiteheads?

Try out Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% to the WHOLE affected area.

If not use a 10% BP spot treatment on the pimples.

It will help tons for whiteheads

alpxa liked
MemberMember
(@alpxa)

Posted : 07/30/2015 4:11 pm

Thanks for all the replies guys, it's nice to know I'm not the only one going through this. I'll try out all ur suggestions (:

MemberMember
(@chris1337)

Posted : 07/30/2015 8:17 pm

This is good advice but for the love of god do NOT put this on while on Accutane.

alpxa and WadeX liked
MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/30/2015 8:59 pm

This is good advice but for the love of god do NOT put this on while on Accutane.

My mistake completely. I forgot you were on Accutane.

If you use BP while on Tane it will cause extreme dryness and irritation.

Don't.

Sorry again.

WadeX