Notifications
Clear all

Someone Please Post A Letter To My Dad About Irritation

MemberMember
(@bleached-shirts)

Posted : 07/05/2015 4:39 pm

My dad often slaps my chest roughly. Not only is this annoying, but it is causing irritation. In fact, some of my pimples match up with where his hand slaps.All I need is for the readers (you) to post a letter in this thread explaining acne and irritation so I can show him. Whenever I tell him he is causing acne, he just laughs and makes fun of me.Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/06/2015 11:24 am

*MOD EDIT*

Moved to general acne forum

MemberMember
(@ggonzaga)

Posted : 07/07/2015 6:02 am

Acne is caused by many factors, one of the major ones being irritation. If you get slapped hard in the chest, which is prone to acne like your back, neck, etc., it can very well worsen the acne you may already have, or start acne you never had to worry about before. Your skin is probably quite sensitive which makes it prone to acne in situations like these. Your father just might not understand, but he is just worsening your condition and it is imperative for him to stop this habit. I hope I could help.

MemberMember
(@jewl495)

Posted : 07/07/2015 11:32 am

The technical term for this is call Acne mechanica, where friction, pressure, rubbing or manipulation make acne worse. Examples being when you lean your chin on your hand or the side you sleep on most. If this is an everyday/multiple time a day thing then yes, its possible for it to aggravate your acne.

MemberMember
(@bleached-shirts)

Posted : 07/07/2015 4:54 pm

Your father just might not understand, but he is just worsening your condition and it is imperative for him to stop this habit. I hope I could help.

You are correct, he does not understand. Never experiencing it, he thinks this whole acne situation is girly. You (and jewl495) have helped by explaining this. He tis the type of person that will only listen if another adult or someone not known to the family explains it.

Thanks guys!