Notifications
Clear all

Playing Video Games And Acne

MemberMember
(@iqxeqphilosopher)

Posted : 04/23/2015 4:15 am

Hello everyone,

I'd like to start off by saying thank you to the framers of this website. These forums have a "friendly" feel to it AND I noticed that the posters bring high levels of intelligence.

Next, I'd like to state the reason why I signed up for these forums: I googled "video games and acne" and it brought me to a thread in this website that was "archived." However, it is such an interesting topic that it has driven me to start a new thread about this subject, since I could not post replies to archived threads.

Now, I would like to express that what I am going to share with you guys and girls are soley from my own experience. Even so, I would like to invite you to believe the notions I am going to share because my experiences are both plenty and valid.

The Correlation between Hightened Mental Performance and Sedentary Activities

There are many different types of people. Two of which I will discuss here. There are gamers who have perfect skin and there are gamers who have acne. Indeed, it could be argued that people with acne may have a tendency to participate in non-social activities. However, I invite you to think beyond the realm of the duality of causal relationships; I invite you to think of how people lived before technology spiked in advancement and before it became widely disseminated. Our minds may have evolved but our bodies are still of the hunter-gatherer era.

I started getting acne when I was thirteen. Perhaps it is all the hormones and the growing body and what not. Nevertheless, I would argue that there were plenty of teenagers who had wonderful, perfect skin. As a matter of fact, most people from the two high schools I went to did not have acne. Therefore, I've concluded that it is caused by high brain activity coupled with the sedentary lifestyle that most of us have in the developed countries. So, you may be wondering by now, "How come most people in your high school did not have acne and you all had the same environment and situation?"

The answer is very simple. There are many different types of people: Some people are more stressed than others. Stress is directly related to brain activity. Higher stress levels means higher brain activity. High brain activity does not necessarily mean high intelligence quota. Let me be clear. I am by no means suggesting that people with acne are smarter.

So how can physical activity and acne be related, and do I have examples?

When I went to Basic Combat Training and Advanced Individual Training (U.S. Army), my pimples disappeared. All of them.

I did not have facial soap

I did not have lotion

I did not have astringents nor cotton balls

I did not have acne cream

I used the three-in-one Old Spice product (it's for your hair, face, and body)

I used a wash rag with it

AND I showered only once a day and only for five minutes (sometimes showers were not even available at times)

In BCT we were only allowed to drink water and eat the meals they gave us (no deserts, no junk food). However, the food had nothing to do with it because in AIT, I ate a lot of unhealthy food and drank a lot of soda, and still had no acne.

So I've concluded that face products and foods have nothing to do with acne. At least, for my body it did not.

SO WHY DID MY ACNE DISAPPEAR? Three words: High physical activity.

If you are similar to me, then you need to match your high brain activity with high physical activity.

Gaming creates a disconnect between your mind and your body. Your brain is on the fifth gear, so to speak, while your body is literally on neutral. You resist taking a break because you're so close to leveling up or whatever the case. You resist sleeping. You resist eating. You know when our hunter-gatherer ancestors resisted sleeping and eating? It was when they were facing death or a situation with similar urgency. It is unnatural for your mind to be in battle mode while your body is just sitting down.

THUS, exercise. Regularly.

I am now almost thirty years old. I still have acne. They come out when I am writing a paper or studying for school or when I game for long periods. Therefore, I need to take my own advice! Although it is difficult to weigh not getting acne against not gaming.

Anyhow, I really hope you guys liked it. Have a good one!