Notifications
Clear all

Detailed - What Could Be Causing My Spots & Cysts? My Regimen Included. Oily Skin 🙁 Help Please

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 04/20/2015 9:53 am

Hi, so i have oily skin, and i have started to get my spots under control however i still have a few that just appear from nowehere when i am taking supplements and drinking atleast 2 litres of water a day. I have cut diary out from my diet as a result but i still get these spots.

I am currently taking

Vitamin A Pills

Pantothenic Acid (B3)

x2 Zinc Tablets

Vitamin C Tablets

and my GP's prescription of 1 Tetralysal tablet a day

I have been on the Vitamin A and B3 for about 2-3 weeks now if that helps?

Is there something else i could be taking and anything else i should be doing?

I was thinking of purchasing a clay mask to use once a week would this help and do you have any recommendations?

Thanks for any help in advance!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 04/20/2015 12:31 pm

what is your topical routine, you tagged mild to moderate acne...that can respond well to the acne.org routine laid out here, benzoyl peroxide works wonders for many

and dairy was a trigger for me, but gluten was the really big one....we are all unique so you really have to keep a journal and do the investigative work on YOUR body to see what your triggers are...and a simple elimination diet would help too

but tell us more about topicals you are using

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 04/21/2015 10:23 am

what is your topical routine, you tagged mild to moderate acne...that can respond well to the acne.org routine laid out here, benzoyl peroxide works wonders for many

and dairy was a trigger for me, but gluten was the really big one....we are all unique so you really have to keep a journal and do the investigative work on YOUR body to see what your triggers are...and a simple elimination diet would help too

but tell us more about topicals you are using

what gluten did you cut out as i feel it could be the same for me thinking back

also i use epiduo at night every night

MemberMember
(@ahanas)

Posted : 04/21/2015 1:36 pm

You can also try taking spironolactone (50mg or 100 mg), you will have to take it atleast a month before it starts showing any effect. I take 100 mg daily and its working miracles for my acne.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 04/21/2015 2:02 pm

by gluten I mean anything with wheat flour....no bread, no pasta, no gravies or sauces, no pizza- it is a very tough one but it's just second nature now and given the gluten free craze these days it's easier to find products

but in general I try to not eat processed foods, whole foods that I make at home, or when I go out it's lean meats and veggies

no sodas, I just drink green tea and spring water

but again it's different for all of us, that is why acne is SO FRUSTRATING!!