Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Acne Do I Have, And How Do I Fight It?

MemberMember
(@demoboka)

Posted : 02/08/2015 12:27 am

**I apologize in advance if this is not the appropiate forum to post this in**

Hello, I am trying to figure out what type of acne I have.

Before I show pictures, let me tell you my experience with acne.

I am a nineteen year old male, going on twenty in a few months. I decided I want to rid myself of acne by the end of this year.

I first got acne when I was thirteen, and has since remained on my skin until today.

My skin type is one that I commonly see is hard to treat: Oily, sensitive skin that dries up very easily, with large pores to boot. I have tried many products, including, but not limited to:

-ProActive (Old and New formula, both irritated my skin)

-SkinID (Dried out my skin)

-Many Neutrogena products

-Many Clearasil products

-Many Clean and Clear products

-Dr. Miracle (Did absolutely nothing)

-Natural/Home Remedies (Only good for exfoliation)

-Oil Cleansing method w/ Jojoba Oil (Can't tell much of a difference)

-Ovace Wash+ (The only product that actually worked, however i only had trial packs, and my insurance didn't cover the otherwise $600 product, so had to switch)

-Ziana (What I currently use, but I do not feel it is working)

-NeoStrata (What I currently use, however it doesn't seem to be working anymore, and it dries out my skin)

This was over the course of 6 years. Last year, I visited a Dermatologist who showed me the last three options, and he told me my pores were very clogged. He used a tool to unclog them them prescribed me Ziana. At the time, I was not sure exactly what I wanted apart from clearing up my skin, though I do know now.

I have a very active lifestyle, I go for a 4 mile jog everyday and go to the gym for at least an hour a day, and I don't have any over-exposure to the sun, as far as I am aware. I eat things high in protein and have given up sweets, unless it is a special occasion. I drink lots of water everyday (I'd say about 12 cups a day) and wash my face morning and night, only applying Ziana after my nightly wash. However, I don't really see any improvement. And I only want to use antibiotics as a last resort.

So I decide to take to the internet. I would like you all to see my acne and with the pictures, and the information given above, help me to get rid of it once and for all.

The pictures below are in full quality so all may see the horrid atrocity of the human skin!

1st (Forehead):

6gvscj.jpg

2nd (Forehead Left Side):

awu98n.jpg

3rd (Forehead Right Side):

jsghhf.jpg

As you can see in the pictures above, I have many tiny (pimples?) that invaded the left and right sides of my forehead. Also I have mant dark marks and uneven skin tone (My Dermatologist said these were not in fact scars and that they would go away eventually, but I don't want to wait years for them to disappear. Also, my skin is very "scaly" and I have no idea what to do about that.

4th (Nose):

icp69u.jpg

Above is my nose, which is full of "filling". Supposedly this is because the oil on my skin oxidizes with the air and it does this. Especially on the bridge of my nose, and no matter what, these things simply won't go away.

5th (Right Cheek):

34pewxt.jpg

6th (Left Cheek):

30j4f9t.jpg

And my cheeks. Here there are a whole host of problems. Firstly I have to shave (Obviously!). However, it irrritates my skin and makes these red bumps that eventually become pimples, even if I use alcohol/peroxide after shaving, and I don't use cheap razors. I have a bunch of clogged pores here as well, and they even go onto my earlobe. The Dermatologist I went to used a tool to unclog them, though they just go right back, even if I shave constantly. I am truely at a loss.

So there you have it. I don't know what is a blackhead and what is not, but I would like for my skin to be less "scaly", especially around my forehead. I also want to finally find a way to keep my nose pores unclogged, and shink my overall pore size (though I heard this can only be accomplished with Accutane). So please, if anyone can help, feel free to post on this thread and let me know if there is any additional information you need. Though I am new, I would really like to interact and take suggestions from this community.

Thank you all and have a pleasant day.

MemberMember
(@demoboka)

Posted : 02/11/2015 6:21 pm

Hello, after browsing the forums, I think this *may* be folliculitis. I am trying the triple anti-biotic method in my ears and both my nostrils. As I have just started, I am not sure if it is helping or not, but I guess I will know in a few weeks.

But seriously, does anyone have any suggestions they can offer?

MemberMember
(@ronaldocr7)

Posted : 02/12/2015 3:11 pm

Your skin isn't that bad, it does look quite oily though, at the end of the day you are 19, your hormones are all over the place and that will be more than likely what is causing the problem. A low dose of Accutane would alleviate the excessive oils, not that I would advocate that. keep up the good diet and exercise and enjoy being 19 and healthy would be my advise, also if you are shaving with a razor try switching to an electric shaver and just trim the hair, this way you shouldn't get the same irritation, if you can avoid using blades until your acne calms down I would, acne and razors do not mix.

MemberMember
(@demoboka)

Posted : 02/12/2015 8:16 pm

Hey, and thanks for the response. Yea, I am hoping it is just hormonal acne, because acne came back for both of my parents in their thirties. I actually have to shave, it's my job requirement, so I will see if I can get a razor for sensitive skin.

One of my main concerns, however, is the discoloration and bumpy texture of my forehead. I would really love to get rid of that as soon as possible. Anyone have advice on that?

MemberMember
(@richardfultron)

Posted : 02/13/2015 5:21 am

Definitely try and clean up your diet as much as you can.

Kind regards,

Richard Fultron

MemberMember
(@skittlesss_)

Posted : 08/06/2016 1:19 pm

Did you ever find out what condition it was? And were you able to treat it successfully?