Notifications
Clear all

Treating Blackheads With Differin Or Glycolic Acid?

MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 01/18/2015 5:29 pm

So I've noticed that benzoyl peroxide works well to prevent me from getting further break outs but that it doesn't do very much for my blackheads... I have them mostly on my nose but a bit on my chin and fewer on my forehead.

I know that salicylic acid is sort of the norm for treating blackheads but have any of you had any success at treating them with either glycolic acid or adapalene (Differin)? I've been trying to stick to using the AHA+ mixed with moisturizer every other night and I have a little over half a bottle of Differin gel (1%) left so I'm just debating on whether I should incorporate this into my routine like once a week or so or just toss it?

Please let me know how glycolic acid or Differin has effected your blackheads if you have experience with either one . I'm thinking I might as well just keep things simple and toss my Differin if it isn't going to do anything for my blackheads at all. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on Differin and how it effects blackheads... some people saying it's helped theirs, others saying it's made them more noticeable by pushing the comedones closer to the surface :/.

MemberMember
(@aman-brar)

Posted : 01/18/2015 10:36 pm

Try differin it will help you nd clindamycin + Nicotinamide gel 2 times in a day , it will work fine but if not then shift to Saliclyic acid