Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Acne Scarring Is This? And Will It Fade?

MemberMember
(@doesnotreallymatter)

Posted : 01/18/2015 12:43 pm

I've had these patch of scars for like a good year now not much has really changed (as far as i know) the skin surface is completely smooth feels like normal skin, the redness is allot worse in natural daylight and generally in person (the picture is really doing my skin justice) very minimal pitted scarring, that's not my main concern it's really just the redness some days especially if its hot or I've been at the gym the redness really stands out (maybe something to do with blood flow) i can't stress enough its significantly more red on some days than others, id rather it stay good or bad and not giving me false hope that its improving. anyways if anyone can help be much appreciated.

post-446138-0-17997200-1421602452.jpg

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/18/2015 9:21 pm

If it's not going away by time, you can dermastamping it, or try dermabrasion?? Don't worry hyperpigmentation is the easiest kind of scar to treat

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 01/19/2015 12:57 am

Hi,

I'm sorry you're stuggling with scars. I can relate, I have my fair share. If it is just the hyperpigmentation you're concerned about then I would suggest using a topical with Hydroquinone. Products with glycolic acid have also been really effective for me as well as lactic acid chemical peels. Other than that, it takes time. I know how hard it is to see the redness everyday.. It feels like it's never going to go away. Good luck though, hope this was semi-helpful in the least!

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 01/25/2015 9:29 pm

Oh that's just hyperpigmentation real scars and indented and texture looks uneven try to use salicidic acid 2% one to two times a week good luck!