Notifications
Clear all

Sebaceous Glands

MemberMember
(@thehyperpig)

Posted : 01/12/2015 1:25 am

I was wondering if there were any natural ways to decrease the sebaceous glands in size or to decrease the sebum production/output of these glands in a natural way? I know that accutane does this but I'd like to know of a proven way to do it naturally...

I have really oily skin and also have palmer hyperhidrosis (if it matters)...

I heard that taking vitamin B's will help relieve the nervous system but I'm not sure it these vitamins will also help decrease sebum production.

Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/12/2015 11:43 am

Vitamin A I guess is similar in structure to the accutane. Vitamin D is also supposed to be helpful.

I haven't tried either, but several people have suggested taking cod liver oil (with both of these).

MemberMember
(@ocean-girl)

Posted : 01/13/2015 5:59 pm

Hi, i thought this might help. The information is from 'the acne guy'.

The Prostaglandins are like messengers to the sebaceous glands, they control the amount of oil they secrete.

1. Prostaglandins regulate inflammation and oil gland activity. Good prostaglandins are highly beneficial as they reduce inflammation and prevent acne breakout. Bad prostaglandins on the other hand promotes the development of acne.
  2. Good prostaglandins are produced when you eat foods that are rich in Omega-3, omega-6, and zinc. Dairy products as well as fried foods trigger the production of more bad prostaglandins.
  3. Zinc ensures low sebaceous glands activity and for this reason, helps to prevent and clear up acne. It helps to lower the amount of oil produced by the sebaceous glands.
  4. Vitamin A is another vitamin that can reduce oil production when your glands are overstimulated. You can get all the vitamin A you need by eating foods like sweet potatoes and carrots.

If you look at it from a holistic point of view, everything you do effects how your body reacts. It makes sense to only put fresh, natural ingredients into your mouth! it dosen't mean you can't treat yourself every now and then, it just means that your diet should be 80% natural, and allow 20% for the not so natural. Drinking lemon in the morning, swimming in the ocean, eating a healthy lunch, being kind to yourself. It's a lifestyle and dietary choice.

MemberMember
(@thehyperpig)

Posted : 01/15/2015 1:02 am

Vitamin A I guess is similar in structure to the accutane. Vitamin D is also supposed to be helpful.

I haven't tried either, but several people have suggested taking cod liver oil (with both of these).

Hi, thank you for your reply. I tried taking one tablet a day of vitamin A supplement for 1 whole week in mid-December that made my whole face swollen with acne... I stopped immediately because I felt it made my condition worse.

I have also heard good things about cod liver oil. Right now I am taking regular fish oil, one gel per two days. I may try switching to cod liver oil.