Notifications
Clear all

Failed Actuate Twice What To Do?

MemberMember
(@nocluewhattodo)

Posted : 02/06/2015 5:11 am

There is no way your nose and ears don't have bacteria. You have many millions of them in each area. Here's an example of the bacteria in all of our nostrils. http://microbewiki.kenyon.edu/index.php/Nasal_passageway#Which_microbes_are_present_in_the_Nasal_Passageway.3F

Pseudomonas aeruginosa is a gram negative bacilli that can live in the human ear. They normally don't cause serious disease (i.e. pathogenic) but they can cause gram - folliculitis and ear pain.

No PATHOGENIC bacteria is the term they use. They don't specifically state Pseudomonas aeruginosa Because they can't culture it. They said there are a few random gram - bacilli. According to my test I don't have Pseudomonas aeruginosa.

Do you mean if it not pathogenic its still the issue??? All the doctors are telling me different...

I am reading things hike this "P. aeruginosa is frequently isolated from nonsterile sites (mouth swabs, sputum, etc.), and, under these circumstances, it often represents colonization and not infection. The isolation of P. aeruginosa from nonsterile specimens should, therefore, be interpreted cautiously, and the advice of a microbiologist or infectious diseases physician/pharmacist should be sought prior to starting treatment. Often no treatment is needed."

The pustules I had swabbed last month were all positive bacteria, and they can't isolate anything on my face (says nothing about being - or +).

I just don't know what to believe anymore. I will definitely take the results to my derm. He did mention gram - before saying it could be possible.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 02/07/2015 5:40 pm

That is really interesting. I wonder what tests they run to get gram - bacilli or gram + cocci. That sounds like a gram stain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram_staining especially when they mention in the report about "occasional" gram positive bacilli.

P. aeruginosa is considered an opportunistic pathogen. Generally meaning it causes disease when the immune system is weak. I don't know what criteria your doctors use for pathogenic but I had S. aureus in my nose that caused skin and nose infections. However, I had large periods of time where I had no sores or cysts, yet the Staph was still in my nose. The Staph was non-pathogenic in my nose when it wasn't causing me pimples or sores, but it was an opportunistic pathogen when it got into nasal cuts and blocked skin pores.

It is definitely bacteria that causes acne. It is either in your nose, ears, or on your skin. Or maybe all of them. It's not from dirt or anything like that.

I believe some type of treatment, whether prescription or not, that will kill the bacteria in those 3 facial areas will help with your acne. 4% hydrogen peroxide and benzoyl peroxide are safe, available, and effective against bacteria. But that would only work for your ears.

I wish I could help more, but I certainly wouldn't want to go against your doctor's advice. Best wishes nocluewhattodo :)

MemberMember
(@nocluewhattodo)

Posted : 02/08/2015 6:55 am

That is really interesting. I wonder what tests they run to get gram - bacilli or gram + cocci. That sounds like a gram stain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram_staining especially when they mention in the report about "occasional" gram positive bacilli.

P. aeruginosa is considered an opportunistic pathogen. Generally meaning it causes disease when the immune system is weak. I don't know what criteria your doctors use for pathogenic but I had S. aureus in my nose that caused skin and nose infections. However, I had large periods of time where I had no sores or cysts, yet the Staph was still in my nose. The Staph was non-pathogenic in my nose when it wasn't causing me pimples or sores, but it was an opportunistic pathogen when it got into nasal cuts and blocked skin pores.

It is definitely bacteria that causes acne. It is either in your nose, ears, or on your skin. Or maybe all of them. It's not from dirt or anything like that.

I believe some type of treatment, whether prescription or not, that will kill the bacteria in those 3 facial areas will help with your acne. 4% hydrogen peroxide and benzoyl peroxide are safe, available, and effective against bacteria. But that would only work for your ears.

I wish I could help more, but I certainly wouldn't want to go against your doctor's advice. Best wishes nocluewhattodo

Thanks healthyalmonds, I definitely see your point. I will take the results to my derm in the next couple of weeks and ask him. The GP's are clueless. Ill post back.

MemberMember
(@sydney13)

Posted : 02/15/2015 8:45 pm

I'm so sorry I know how painful it is mentally, physically and emotionally!! I think that a stronger dose would help!!

MemberMember
(@nocluewhattodo)

Posted : 02/19/2015 11:58 am

Been away for a while. Things going to crap so heart broken its not even funny. Blood and cysts and had cysts injected no docs/derm interested in any of the ear/nose stuff said it could upset the bacteria furthur, its not staph bla blah just give me more oral antibiotics.... This truley sucks I wish it just stop, its not fair. It hurts and is really really really difficult mentally. I was clear 3-4 months ago, or mostly just clogged pores and blackheads. All in my scalp again as well.... Tried bp sulphur all those topicals do jack. Its morphed from the pus whiteheads to cysts like the days pre tane. Diet has been good as well.

I'm so sorry I know how painful it is mentally, physically and emotionally!! I think that a stronger dose would help!!

I wish I was put on a higher dose than 40mg, but I am no longer able to take another course of accutane due to dry eyes, after the first 2 rounds. Wish I was put on a topical retinoid after my course when I was clear.

post-440531-0-77891000-1424364995.jpg

post-440531-0-17012400-1424365458.jpg

MemberMember
(@sydney13)

Posted : 02/19/2015 5:07 pm

I know how you feel it sucks and you feel so alone and depressed!

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 02/22/2015 8:56 pm

Shaving probably doesn't help much either.

What does the dermatologist say about topical retin a ? Maybe ziana,but since it has clindamycin antibiotic ,even when it's a topical antibiotic,the instructions are that people who have colon problems should consider or be monitored .

But if the dermatologist determines ziana is right for you,then you have to avoid any other form of exfoliation,either chemical or physical exfoliation,I know it is hard but extracting a pimple while using retin a sometimes can cause problems,the only exception is only if the pimple is almost out, and can come out easily without damaging or forcing the skin.

Take care.