Notifications
Clear all

Stubborn Forehead Whiteheads

MemberMember
(@glamb1)

Posted : 12/07/2014 12:29 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post but I have read lots of things on the site before and got some great advice.

Im a 23 year old male and have annoying clogged pores on my forehead. You can only notice them when there is hard light shining on my forehead but it looks messy.

Here's a bit about me:

I never really had any problems as a teen (although I was a late developer). I started getting mild to medium pimples age about twenty, most people wouldn't think it was a big deal but obviously you always think worse about your own skin!

In the last 3 months or so I have seen good improvements, I don't know if this was down to diet/products or just growing out of it.

I no longer have problems with my back, chin and only very occasionally a small pimple on my cheek. My forehead has also improved the last few weeks but I still have that bumpy texture. I seem to have quite dry skin and often get flakes if i don't moisturise

What is the cause of this and has anyone had a similar experience and knows what to do?

Do I just have to wait it out or is there some secret!

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 12/09/2014 8:31 pm

I have this same problem too. I have recently started exfoliating my fave and can allready see a slight improvement although it has only been a few days. Just bought a cheap exfoliating glove and some exfoliation scrub and gave my face a go.

Changing your pillowcases is a BIG part as well. Found this is the worst way to spread bacteria so it will probbaly be a good cause of clogged pores. Change them every day if you can.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@ohgoshacne)

Posted : 12/24/2014 7:30 pm

i have these too.

get a cleanser with 2% salicylic acid and afterwards use a product such as a cream or serum that contains at least 8% alpha hydroxy acid (e.g. glycolic, lactic etc.)