Notifications
Clear all

Cystic And Comedonal Acne Around Mouth

MemberMember
(@jbfilla)

Posted : 12/02/2014 11:45 am

Hi, I've been browsing the forums trying to figure out the best way to treat my acne. Almost all of my pimples form in the triangular area running from the creases in my nose to the bottom of my chin. I have cystic acne alon with whitehead and blackheads on the corners of my mouth and in the crease between my bottom lip and my chin which for the most part only become visible when I stretch the skin, and it seems like often the cystic acne is formed from what used to be a closed comedone, is this normal? Occasionally a pimple will pop up where there previously wasn't a closed comedone but that seems much more rare. I found a thread from a few years back in which many of the posters seem to have similar acne to me. I have tried cutting out toothpaste with fluoride I don't use lip balm and I wash my face twice daily once in the morning once at night using sacylic acid, immediately followed by benzoyl peroxide. Does anyone have any other suggestions because I still seem to be getting a new zit every few days and it's really stressing me out, I don't want people to think I have herpes or something can anyone suggest anything for me? I included a picture.

post-438507-0-79322100-1417538701_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 12/02/2014 1:34 pm

Thats hormonal acne, try fish oil and don't eat right before you goto bed. Try and cut out all that sugar too and apply a small amount of benzoyl peroxide to affected areas. That worked for me

Hi, I've been browsing the forums trying to figure out the best way to treat my acne. Almost all of my pimples form in the triangular area running from the creases in my nose to the bottom of my chin. I have cystic acne alon with whitehead and blackheads on the corners of my mouth and in the crease between my bottom lip and my chin which for the most part only become visible when I stretch the skin, and it seems like often the cystic acne is formed from what used to be a closed comedone, is this normal? Occasionally a pimple will pop up where there previously wasn't a closed comedone but that seems much more rare. I found a thread from a few years back in which many of the posters seem to have similar acne to me. I have tried cutting out toothpaste with fluoride I don't use lip balm and I wash my face twice daily once in the morning once at night using sacylic acid, immediately followed by benzoyl peroxide. Does anyone have any other suggestions because I still seem to be getting a new zit every few days and it's really stressing me out, I don't want people to think I have herpes or something can anyone suggest anything for me? I included a picture.

MemberMember
(@jbfilla)

Posted : 12/02/2014 3:18 pm

Alright I'll give your suggestions a shot!

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 12/02/2014 4:37 pm

Let me know in a week how it works out

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/02/2014 4:56 pm

I'd also suggest using only one treatment after you wash your face. Maybe try using salicylic acid in the morning, and benzoyl peroxide at night, see if that helps at all. Using multiple treatments simultaneously can irritate skin and aggravate breakouts. But I agree with the above poster...your acne looks like classic hormonal so the lip balm and toothpaste are not likely what caused it. Hormonal acne often presents in the T zone...forehead, mouth area, and chin.