Notifications
Clear all

Help Is My Dryness The Cause Of My Acne. Scared To Go Off Of Bp

MemberMember
(@purplepenguin)

Posted : 12/02/2014 3:37 am

Hi. So for the last year I have been battling cystic acne. Now I am clear everywhere except for my jawline I have TONS of cysts. I have been using acne free severe kit for the last 8 months and it has been the best thing I have ever used. I have noticed though that my acne worsens with dryness. it SUBSTANCIALLY worsens. And I've also noticed that my skin is always dry and peely and flaky especially around my jawline and neck where the acne is worse. But in areas where my skin is somewhat smooth acne almost never pops up. So I was wondering if I should take a risk and get off of acne free? I was thinking of starting a gentle oatmeal and honey scrub either every morning instead of the acne free wash, or just use that only? I would still use a Clean and Clear BP zit cream at night on my problem spots though, but I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to get off of BP? Do you think my severe acne will come back or will this only help my cystic acne? thanks.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 12/02/2014 8:35 am

Jawline acne is for the most part hormonal. What helped me balance my hormones was fish oil. It also helped with the inflammation. As far as bp... You don't need to go off it. What I did was use a gentle wash like cetaphil, apply a small amount of bp like the neutrogena 2.5 percent bp spot cream, wait for it to dry and then add and oil free moisterizer. But yeah I'd bet my bottom dollar it's hormonal acne

MemberMember
(@veganski)

Posted : 12/02/2014 9:42 am

Jawline acne is for the most part hormonal. What helped me balance my hormones was fish oil. It also helped with the inflammation. As far as bp... You don't need to go off it. What I did was use a gentle wash like cetaphil, apply a small amount of bp like the neutrogena 2.5 percent bp spot cream, wait for it to dry and then add and oil free moisterizer. But yeah I'd bet my bottom dollar it's hormonal acne

I also have Acne on my jawline which won't fade with creams. I'm sure it is hormonal as you said. I ordered Vitamin B5 to help with regulating the hormones, it all makes sense now let's just hope it will work.

Are you Acne-free by now? Thanks

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 12/02/2014 1:30 pm

Acne free? No. Just about though. All my zits are healing and there's no new ones coming in.

What's helped me is multivitamin plus fish oil, wash face with cetaphil morning and night, applying oil free moisterizer and neutrogena 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide to areas with zits, this is gentle enough on my skin so that it isn't all red. I also cut out all dairy for the most part, try to eat gluten free, wash pillow cases once a week, take a probiotic, aaaaand apply milk of magnesia in the morning to control oil all day. Sounds like a lot but that's just my regimen of what I do. Hope this helps in some way.

I also have Acne on my jawline which won't fade with creams. I'm sure it is hormonal as you said. I ordered Vitamin B5 to help with regulating the hormones, it all makes sense now let's just hope it will work.

Are you Acne-free by now? Thanks