Notifications
Clear all

Is This True A True Acne Scar? + Any Advice?

MemberMember
(@adam-berrington)

Posted : 10/09/2014 2:34 pm

Hi, i am 20 years old and have had acne for maybe a couple years now i never got them in my younger years but i do now for some reason, i used to get it a lot in my forehead but after using simple spot cleanser and moisturiser i have found that it has done really well for my forehead but not for cheeks, in my cheeks i get really bad acne and i get really bad marks, i believe the mark in this picture came when my mum insisted that i had to let her squeeze a really large spot on my face because she claimed it would scar, after this it seemed to make this big off coloured mark that has been here for a few months now, in addition to this and my other spots it makes me really self conscious and not even want to leave the house or go to uni because im already a really self conscious guy. will this mark ever go away and will my skin go back to normal all will i always have this horrible colour spot on my face forever?

thanks for your help also any treatments that anyone can think of would be great, i also use a mixture of crushed aspirin and honey on my face to try to get rid of spots because i heard good stuff about it on the internet although im not sure its doing anything really. thanks again. Adam

post-428638-0-92599900-1412883237.jpg

post-428638-0-92599900-1412883237.jpg

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 10/10/2014 1:35 am

It looks mainly like hyper pigmentation, there might be some scarring there but its hard to tell. But no those colored marks are not permanent, try looking into AHA to help them fade or maybe some light peels. How bad is your active acne?

MemberMember
(@adam-berrington)

Posted : 10/10/2014 6:27 am

It looks mainly like hyper pigmentation, there might be some scarring there but its hard to tell. But no those colored marks are not permanent, try looking into AHA to help them fade or maybe some light peels. How bad is your active acne?

Thanks for the reply, what actually is AHA? i heard hyper pigmentation takes like months to get rid of basically but it has been here for quite a few months now i'm not sure how long though. my acne i wouldnt say it is too bad it's about moderate i get sort of bad like big red spots on my cheeks and chin and such, used to get them on my forehead but i think this simple stuff has really helped. i'm guessing i dont help matters because i sometimes end up squeezing the spots as i get impatient and dont want to go out and then they end up bleeding and i believe that is how that mark appeared in the first place, so i mainly get them in the lower portion of my right cheek and the upper portion of my left cheek, i'm guessing diet also contributes to that as i don't eat many fruit and vegetables and i don't eat much in general..

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/10/2014 10:14 pm

do not squeeze your pimples or you will get permanent scarring

MemberMember
(@algkenn)

Posted : 10/11/2014 8:31 am

Thanks for the reply, what actually is AHA? i heard hyper pigmentation takes like months to get rid of basically but it has been here for quite a few months now i'm not sure how long though. my acne i wouldnt say it is too bad it's about moderate i get sort of bad like big red spots on my cheeks and chin and such, used to get them on my forehead but i think this simple stuff has really helped. i'm guessing i dont help matters because i sometimes end up squeezing the spots as i get impatient and dont want to go out and then they end up bleeding and i believe that is how that mark appeared in the first place, so i mainly get them in the lower portion of my right cheek and the upper portion of my left cheek, i'm guessing diet also contributes to that as i don't eat many fruit and vegetables and i don't eat much in general..

My skin is similar to yours, not much active acne but hyper pigmentation is all over my forehead and cheeks. Honestly diet hasn't got much to do with it, i'd go days without having sugar, carbs and dairy and i've tried going on a cleansing diet were i only ate fruit, veg and drank tonnes of water but I still got spots. I'm hoping someone can give us a solution or a way to improve the hyper pigmentation.