Notifications
Clear all

How To Tell If Acne Is Hormonal?

MemberMember
(@cpaladino92gmail-com)

Posted : 06/01/2014 6:21 pm

I started getting acne around the time i began using makeup. I dont know if it is a coincidence, but my pimple's were large, raised, and bright red. Most of them didnt have heads. I had them covering my entire forehead, and a couple on my chin. I used the Regimen and it cleared my skin up completely. I recently stopped using the regimen, and using a salicylic acid spot treatment. I broke out again, only on my forehead. The pimples are very small, no heads, and under the skin. There is around 7-10 of them and they are in the area where i applied the salicylic acid. Are these hormonal? Or just from the salicylic acid? Thank you:)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 06/01/2014 6:32 pm

Your acne doesn't sound hormonal. "Typically" hormonal acne in women occurs around the jawline and lower cheeks, but that isn't always the case. But your acne seems to be related to you stopping the regimen. Were you using comodogenic make up? And why did you stop the regimen anyway?

MemberMember
(@cpaladino92gmail-com)

Posted : 06/01/2014 6:42 pm

Your acne doesn't sound hormonal. "Typically" hormonal acne in women occurs around the jawline and lower cheeks, but that isn't always the case. But your acne seems to be related to you stopping the regimen. Were you using comodogenic make up? And why did you stop the regimen anyway?

Im not sure if the makeup was comodogenic, but ive stopped using makeup all together. All i wear is mascara now. I stopped the regimen because it made me look red, people would always ask if i was sunburnt and it also caused me to flake very bad. I know the flaking is a phase in the Regimen, but i had been using for about 3 months and the flaking seemed to be getting worse so i decided to stop. 🙂

MemberMember
(@lovelyplot)

Posted : 06/04/2014 8:24 am

SA makes my skin break out horribly so it could definitely be that. And I've never been able to use bp because it makes my face feel like it's on fire for hours after I apply it. The only topical I use is tea tree oil which is said to work like be without the harsh side effects. I think it works great, I suggest mixing it with another oil such as jojoba at least at first because it can be drying. And don't get t by your eyes lol