Notifications
Clear all

Hey Guys Pleasssseee Help Me

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 05/20/2014 12:03 am

i have HORRIBLE ACNE. I HATE it but I dont want to go on accutane. Anyway I talked to my parents and my dad said his acne ended when he was 24 and was bad through college (which mine is). My mom never got acne. My older sister is around 24 and her acne ended with her age. Does that mean my acne will end when im 24 or around that age, is light at the end of this horrific tunnel? Im 20 by the way. My acne is more severe then my sisters and i am using bp which clears me up almost 100% but dries me out like mad. I have very oily skin so no moisturizers for me. god I hate acne and if I do get out of this I promise I will help individuals like me the most I can...my acne has been with me consistently since I was 14

MemberMember
(@jonima)

Posted : 05/20/2014 12:40 am

Hey ihateacne22,

I hate acne too. Hear me out on this, please. I know you read every word on here like the gospel. And this is one you shouldn't overlook.

The regimen. Seriously. Dan's regimen. It cleared me up. Been clear now for over a year.

I had severe acne since I was 13 (I'm 22 now). I went on Accutane three times! Three times! Unfortunately I was one of the hapless few to not react to Accutane well (stayed clear for about 6 months each time, and it came back even worse).

I finally caved in to the regimen (I never believed in topical stuff). Turned out it wasn't the fact that topical medication didn't clear me up...it was how I was doing it. Dan makes sure that the BP is applied correctly. When done right, it shouldn't dry you out.

After three months (which seems like a long time now), I got completely clear. It's wonderful. It's almost hard to remember acne after having it for nearly 8 years.

All I have now are the scars.

MemberMember
(@ihateacne22)

Posted : 05/20/2014 12:45 am

Hey ihateacne22,

I hate acne too. Hear me out on this, please. I know you read every word on here like the gospel. And this is one you shouldn't overlook.

The regimen. Seriously. Dan's regimen. It cleared me up. Been clear now for over a year.

I had severe acne since I was 13 (I'm 22 now). I went on Accutane three times! Three times! Unfortunately I was one of the hapless few to not react to Accutane well (stayed clear for about 6 months each time, and it came back even worse).

I finally caved in to the regimen (I never believed in topical stuff). Turned out it wasn't the fact that topical medication didn't clear me up...it was how I was doing it. Dan makes sure that the BP is applied correctly. When done right, it shouldn't dry you out.

After three months (which seems like a long time now), I got completely clear. It's wonderful. It's almost hard to remember acne after having it for nearly 8 years.

All I have now are the scars.

hey thanks but based on my family past you think I will eventually be clear by 24?

MemberMember
(@maria236)

Posted : 05/22/2014 12:53 pm

Acne does not necessarily go away with age. But hopefully it gets better for you!