Notifications
Clear all

Ingrown Hair, Pimple, Cyst, Boil, Or What?

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 03/26/2014 8:33 pm

Hello!

So about a week ago, I had this pimple-like bump pop up right between my breast, on my sternum. At first, I thought it was merely a little pimple (even though I NEVER get pimples on my chest) and I saw a little white head so I sterilized a needle, pierced it, and puss came out. At the time, it seemed like a black head, the way it came out.

However, it's larger now, more painful, and irritated. Which I know is probably because I irritated the area.

But it's really painful now. Literally, everytime I take a breath, it stretches it and its soo painful. It has a hard lump under the skin, and a white yellow/white center. I have naturally blonde hair so it's difficult to see if there's a hair sticking out so I can try and pluck it.

I'm really annoyed and frustrated with this. It hurts to breath, and wear bras. No exaggeration, the pain/soreness is a 8/10. It hasn't shown any sign of going down.

How can I tell if it's a pimple, boil, or an ingrown hair, and what can I do?

(I've already done multiple hot compresses)

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 03/27/2014 9:29 am

Pictures? ahahah xD

It is probably a pimple unless you have hair in the chest. Give it time to heal and dont piss it off, it should go away easily. Sometimes I also get some in my legs and they hurt a lot too

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 03/27/2014 11:42 am

if it has a wet/yellowish head, Id take the plunge and pop it. If it has a head, it too late for a cortisone shot. If you're worried bout doing it, you can go to a derm to have it extracted

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 03/27/2014 2:14 pm

Sounds painful, whenever i get a painful pimple i tend to drain them just to alleviate some of the pressure, sure it will hurt and maybe look redder and more raised for a while but it will go down assuming you drain it all and cleanly.

I woulnt use much force if its painful.

i get a hot compress and then use a sterilized needle. Make sure you get it all out.

You dont have to drain it though, there have been times where i have left them and they have gone down, just use hot compresses.

hope it goes soon.

At least youre not covered in them all over your face and body.

Good luck.