Notifications
Clear all

What Kind Of Acne Is This?

MemberMember
(@universe78)

Posted : 03/26/2014 1:10 pm

I went on accutane a year ago and it didn't completely clear me up, however it worked well. In the past couple of months I have been getting these red bumps from the corner of my mouth down. I usually get 1-2 at a time and they last a week.

This doesn't seem like normal acne though. They are dark red, and very hard on the inside. They rarely get whiteheads, but when they do they pop so hard it shoots right at the mirror (gross I know).

I'll attach a picture of two I have now. The one big red one came in yesterday and now another one at the corner of my mouth is coming in now. I don't know how to prevent it or how to treat it, but they are very painful and I can especially feel them when I open my mouth.

The photo with flash is from last night and the photo without is from this morning.

When these bumps go away I know more will return, it usually switched side of mouth each time.

Help please!

post-385926-0-89333500-1395857361_thumb.

post-385926-0-89333500-1395857361_thumb.

MemberMember
(@lynn8808)

Posted : 03/26/2014 8:58 pm

Well, from what your describing, it sounds like cystic acne. It could be something you're eating. Dairy, nuts, and other things can cause cystic acne flare ups. Corner of mouth pimples are the worst :(