Notifications
Clear all

Finally Cleared!

MemberMember
(@nicole-fleming)

Posted : 02/04/2014 9:16 am

I had always had clear skin, until I hit my twenties. I don't know if it was hormonal or what. I started noticing it when I started taking adderral for my adhd and what's worse the adderral made me pick my skin like crazy. So with extreme picking I basically had what looked to be severe acne. I then got off of the adderral and while some of the picking went away I still had moderate acne. For the next five years I tried everything you can think of. Raw diets and practically any type of skin regimen. I was then browsing on here and I found out about zinc! I was skeptical because I had tried all kinds of supplements. But the problem was that if I didn't see results soon enough I would forget about taking it. This time I stuck it out with the zinc and was determined to use it for at least a month. Well it worked. It took about a month to see big difference. It kinda dried up the oil on my face and the inflammation went down. So now I take 50 mg every other day. I also stopped washing my face like crazy. I now only wash my face once a day with yes to carrots aloe cleanser and then I use a sensitive skin scrubby pad to get the dead skin off. Thats it! A lot of you have outrageous skin care regimens and you wash your face or putting something on it morning, noon, or night. I don't really think thats necessary and that it can maybe aggravate your skin. Anyways, just my words of advice. I'm finally excited that I can see the light at the other tunnel and see clear skin. Give zinc a try for at least a month. And if that doesn't work try B5. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@faithbox)

Posted : 02/04/2014 3:01 pm

Congrats. How long have you been clear?