Notifications
Clear all

Skin Regenerating At Night...should I Not Use A Thick Moisturising Cream?

MemberMember
(@midnightrose)

Posted : 01/21/2014 5:21 am

Been wondering this for a while but never tried to find out. Does the skin really need to breathe at night for it to regenerate and repair itself. I had been using rosehip oil for a while and it wasn't moisturising my dry sensitive acne prone skin enough. But I don't think it was letting my acne heal. I need a thicker moisturiser for my face I think but will this stop my spots healing more and is this bad for anti-aging by not allowing the skin to regenerate as well by having a thicker cream on it? Any ideas ?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 01/21/2014 8:17 am

When it comes to anti ageing and acne, finding treatments to treat both at the same time can be somewhat counterproductive. Most anti ageing products are based on comedogenic bases and oils, whereas acne moisturisers are most likely the opposite. Jojoba oil is renown for its non-comedogenic properties and ability to moisturise acne prone/ flakey skin. I recommend that if you are experiencing active acne, then be sure that any product that you are using is non comedogenic. All the best

MemberMember
(@midnightrose)

Posted : 01/21/2014 10:11 am

Ok thankyou :) Though pretty sure my acne is an internal problem I have and not to do with products im putting on the skin. Do you know if rosehip oil is comedogenic?