Notifications
Clear all

Kept A Popped Pimple Too Moist?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/12/2014 8:06 am

I had a pimple on chin, painful and it was a pustule.

I popped it, the right way with sterilized needle, and got all white stuff out. It started to bleed.

I read somewhere that if you keep it moist it will prevent scab and encourage healing, so thats what i did.

2 days later, no scab but it is still an open wound that sometimes hurts. Still raised. I have been using an antiseptic cream that is almost like Vaseline in texture, so very moist.

What happen? Why is it still sore and not healing?

Any help much appreciated, thank you much.

Ming-Ju

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 01/12/2014 8:35 am

Leave it alone, let nature run its course

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/12/2014 9:05 am

Ok, ive left nothing on it all day and it still doesnt seem to be crusting over...still leaking clear liqid

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 01/12/2014 9:13 am

This is normal, the skin is preparing itself for healing. Less irritation is essential.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/12/2014 9:45 am

i'm a bigger fan of drying it out, not keeping it moist, it stings like crazy but I put a dab of 2% SA on then follow up with a zinc cream or somethng like a small dab of sudocrem....nothing moist, but that is just me

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/12/2014 9:49 am

Well i had heard that keeping it moist helps healing, but from now on i think i will keep it dry.

Sudocreme is amazing, in japan we have muhi instead which is similar.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/13/2014 7:03 am

Well i looked at it today and saw a small whitehead, it was painful. As i was lookig at it, it leaked a little so i removed it and it started to bleed. I did not squeeze, just moved the white clog off the top.

Now i use sudocrem. I hope it scabs up tonight

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/13/2014 10:34 am

Still no scab, it has become uncovered where cream was. Still very moist and open.

please help, i have not put makeup on it.

how long till healed?