Notifications
Clear all

It Feels Like My Pores Are Too Small Sometimes

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/23/2013 5:32 am

Hi there!

So, I'm pretty sure my acne is caused by my PCOS. I have a testosterone dominance which gives me mild acne (which becomes moderate if I pick at it). The things is, my skin isn't oily - it's normal-dry, and it's only ever my forehead which gets oily in the summer due to my hair. The problem seems to be dead skin cells not shedding properly - they don't always seem to come out of my pores, instead blocking them up and creating bumps which eventually become infected and turn into white heads. I know people usually complain about large pores, but when I use things like benzoyl peroxide my pores seem to get larger and my face stays clearer.

I've found that dry brushing my face keeps me clear - it turns out a lot of dead skin that other forms of exfoliation (BHA, AHA, scrubs) just don't seem to pick up on. But I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that has this issue?

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 12/23/2013 6:53 am

I can sort of relate. I have slight hormonal imbalances as well, but that's a whole paragraph of my health history so I'll just leave it at that, lol. That being said, I've suspected for awhile that the biggest cause of my skin issues is improper shedding and I don't respond to BHA's or AHA's either. My pores have gotten slightly larger now that I'm on The Regimen as well.

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/24/2013 8:49 pm

Im going through a hormone imbalance myself due to prednisone. My skin aint responding to bp and AHA. It use to before taking prednisone. Apparently we have what I call super pimples there so stubborn. Differin has helped stop breakouts and heal existing pimples. But the pimples on my forehead wont budge.