Notifications
Clear all

Returning Cysts

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 12/13/2013 10:49 am

I have a cyst that has returned for the 4th time at the same spot.

I had multiple coristone shot injected into it which will flatten it but it will return a couple of months later.

Is surgery the only way to remove it and stop it from coming back?

I am currently on accutane.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/13/2013 12:19 pm

I had multiple coristone shot injected into it which will flatten it but it will return a couple of months later.

Have you asked your derm for a lance + extraction? Basically they will lance it and extract the head that is obviously still embedded in there. I don't know if that's what you mean by "surgery".

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 12/13/2013 6:00 pm

I've had this problem in the past old spots that seemed to heal just went away and left a faint smooth mark and just when you think its gone BAM it re-inflames and i have to go through the same three plus weeks until it subsides again, been going through this for about 6 years now. My cysts seem to have lessened but still getting some regular acne spots all the time. I just don't get it at all, I have put so much research and money into trying to get clear to no avail. I would suggest getting the spot excised, they would cut it out and sew it up back together leaving you with just a faint level scar in its place if that's something that wouldn't really bother you. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 12/13/2013 6:32 pm

Have you asked your derm for a lance + extraction? Basically they will lance it and extract the head that is obviously still embedded in there. I don't know if that's what you mean by "surgery".

I meant having it excise like what luckydory said. The cyst is currently not inflamed yet but when i touch it i can definitely feel something in my skin. I will ask my derm about the lancing method if it start to get inflamed.

I've had this problem in the past old spots that seemed to heal just went away and left a faint smooth mark and just when you think its gone BAM it re-inflames and i have to go through the same three plus weeks until it subsides again, been going through this for about 6 years now. My cysts seem to have lessened but still getting some regular acne spots all the time. I just don't get it at all, I have put so much research and money into trying to get clear to no avail. I would suggest getting the spot excised, they would cut it out and sew it up back together leaving you with just a faint level scar in its place if that's something that wouldn't really bother you. Best of luck!

The cyst is in the middle of my cheeks so i am not really keen on the excising method.

MemberMember
(@freefood)

Posted : 12/13/2013 9:55 pm

Will the lancing method leave any scars?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/13/2013 11:54 pm

Will the lancing method leave any scars?

There is a chance of scarring with any method, even cortisone shots. There is also a chance for scarring if you leave it alone.

Personally my worst scars are from the cysts I left alone.