Notifications
Clear all

Retin A No Peel?

MemberMember
(@j031)

Posted : 11/17/2013 6:55 pm

Hey guys. So I'll keep it simple started using Retin A about a week and a half ago and I started to start peeling. The past 2 days iv'e had no peeling. Is this normal?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/17/2013 8:06 pm

yes its normal keep using it everyday you should see results in atleast a week

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 11/17/2013 9:10 pm

It's normal for the peeling to come and go. If you moisturize your skin you should be able to manage that though. Results should happen in 3 months. A week like the above poster mentioned is way to early to see results from acne treatments. Retin a turns over skin cells and speeds skin cells turn over. That takes time. About 3 months is when you can expects to really see improvements if they are going to happen. By that time Inital breakouts will be out of the way. I don't want you to expect results in a week because it's likey that your skin will go through a purging stage well before clearing. Hopefully you are one of the lucky few that avoid that.

MemberMember
(@j031)

Posted : 11/17/2013 10:03 pm

It's normal for the peeling to come and go. If you moisturize your skin you should be able to manage that though. Results should happen in 3 months. A week like the above poster mentioned is way to early to see results from acne treatments. Retin a turns over skin cells and speeds skin cells turn over. That takes time. About 3 months is when you can expects to really see improvements if they are going to happen. By that time Inital breakouts will be out of the way. I don't want you to expect results in a week because it's likey that your skin will go through a purging stage well before clearing. Hopefully you are one of the lucky few that avoid that.

I have been getting BIG whiteheads. Like you stated, it is purging out so at least that's a good sign. Thanks for the help biggrin.png

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/18/2013 12:18 am

actually you should see atleast a difference in a week it shouldnt take months for you to notice a difference otherwise youre just wasting your time imo

because every product i use , i see results in a week to realize its working

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 11/18/2013 10:09 am

actually you should see atleast a difference in a week it shouldnt take months for you to notice a difference otherwise youre just wasting your time imo

because every product i use , i see results in a week to realize its working

My opinion your giving really incorrect information. A week for a medication to show results, even more so a topical is rare. You may be one of the lucky few that happens with. After speaking with dermatoglogist and being on acne related medications for 6 years. I have been on some form of a topical treatment all those years. Retin a in particular for 4 years. Results are expected within 3 months. if you look into the topical boards which I do since I am part of the moderation team here. You will see results are not common within a week. Some people retin a takes 3 months to show results. Purging happens within a week to a month, only after that period does the clearing start. I'm not going to argue with you about retin a. I just wanted to inform leading force not to expect results in a weeks time. Otherwise he or she is in for quite the disappointment. That's all.

I have been getting BIG whiteheads. Like you stated, it is purging out so at least that's a good sign. Thanks for the help 😀

Sounds to me you are on the right track. The purging is normal unfortunately. Hopefully the purging stage doesn't last long. Good luck to you. Keep up the use and you should see good results. 🙂