Notifications
Clear all

Question.. Had Surgery

MemberMember
(@bobdill)

Posted : 11/08/2013 11:30 am

I've had mild to moderate acne since I was about 16 or 17 (now 21), really nothing worked for me other than when I went up north it would randomly clear up, maybe the environment, I dunno. But something to ponder and maybe try based off of. I had surgery this morning and when I came too my shirt was lowered (that gown they make you wear), and my chest was completely clear. My face looked like it was glowing and some of the acne had cleared, and was healing. Could this have something to do with the iv? And if so, what's in them? Something we can try as a regime lol, eating similar to what's in an iv? Even the dark circles under my eyes were better. I know this May sounds stupid. But I'm kinda shooting at anything right now.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 11/08/2013 12:08 pm

I would say it was due to the fact your body had time to focus on other functions (such as healing) rather than digesting food - since intravenous food is pure nutrients, not food that needs to be broken down.

Everything in that liquid is what you need to survive, nothing more, nothing less. It is linked straight to your stomach to which it is then absorbed.

MemberMember
(@bobdill)

Posted : 11/08/2013 12:46 pm

So how can we repeat something similar? Even the dark circles under my eyes got better.. Lol

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/08/2013 2:39 pm

I've had mild to moderate acne since I was about 16 or 17 (now 21), really nothing worked for me other than when I went up north it would randomly clear up, maybe the environment, I dunno. But something to ponder and maybe try based off of. I had surgery this morning and when I came too my shirt was lowered (that gown they make you wear), and my chest was completely clear. My face looked like it was glowing and some of the acne had cleared, and was healing. Could this have something to do with the iv? And if so, what's in them? Something we can try as a regime lol, eating similar to what's in an iv? Even the dark circles under my eyes were better. I know this May sounds stupid. But I'm kinda shooting at anything right now.

Surgeons always douse a surgical patient in something called Betadine while you're under. It kills pretty much all bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and viruses in about 5 minutes.

I actually had a dermatologist who would use it at the end of every appointment (he did sort of mini-facial extractions for this patients). I finally asked him what it was. Turns out it's like $6 at Wal-Mart. The downside is it leaves an orange stain on the skin that requires a high strength detergent to wash off. So it's not very practical to use it on your face before you go out in the morning.

MemberMember
(@bobdill)

Posted : 11/08/2013 6:23 pm

Surgeons always douse a surgical patient in something called Betadine while you're under. It kills pretty much all bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and viruses in about 5 minutes.

I actually had a dermatologist who would use it at the end of every appointment (he did sort of mini-facial extractions for this patients). I finally asked him what it was. Turns out it's like $6 at Wal-Mart. The downside is it leaves an orange stain on the skin that requires a high strength detergent to wash off. So it's not very practical to use it on your face before you go out in the morning.

That's very interesting to know, I may have to try it... My skin has a orange tint to it anyways so maybe that's ok, I wonder though would this be worth using for acne maybe out it on at night? Or is it ineffective?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/08/2013 9:50 pm

That's very interesting to know, I may have to try it... My skin has a orange tint to it anyways so maybe that's ok, I wonder though would this be worth using for acne maybe out it on at night? Or is it ineffective?

It is pretty effective for any infection. I would give it a go. It's only $6.

MemberMember
(@bobdill)

Posted : 11/09/2013 6:14 am

Sweet thank you very much. I'll give it a try since I've been trying things for 5 years :( it's exhausting..

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/09/2013 1:59 pm

Sweet thank you very much. I'll give it a try since I've been trying things for 5 years sad.png it's exhausting..

Good luck. If you use it at night, the stain fades with time (30+ minutes to a couple of hours, depending on how much you use and your skin tone), so you wouldn't even need to worry about the stain, it would probably be gone by morning.