Notifications
Clear all

"women Cannot Outgrow Acne"

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:12 pm

[Edited link out]

Has anyone seen this video? This video crushes my freaking happiness. I keep thinking that one day maybe it will all go away... Then I came across this site reading many posts saying that it may never go away, and that to look on YouTube. Guilibile me, I go on YouTube and see this. It's really heart wrenching.

Anyone else seen this video?? Any response? Maybe anything that counteracts what she is saying?

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:30 pm

My mum outgrew acne at 20..

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:38 pm

Our hormones change all the time, period, pregnancy, menopause. "Acne" the way i think she means it means that you may have a pimple before your period. It's not the end of the world nor it's really a problem for most women. Of course there are women like me and many others who have "normal" acne, the kind that break outs occur every other day, but the same goes for adult men. The fact that hormones change every day of our lifes when men remain relatively stable is the reason why adult women with acne are more than adult men with acne. Ii believe she counts as acne really occasional and mild things.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 11/07/2013 12:40 pm

Our hormones change all the time, period, pregnancy, menopause. "Acne" the way i think she means it means that you may have a pimple before your period. It's not the end of the world nor it's really a problem for most women. Of course there are women like me and many others who have "normal" acne, the kind that break outs occur every other day, but the same goes for adult men. The fact that hormones change every day of our lifes when men remain relatively stable is the reason why adult women with acne are more than adult men with acne. Ii believe she counts as acne really occasional and mild things.

I've wondered that. I have persistent teenage acne, that I hope will clear up just like my fathers did. But this video just really kills my mood.

MemberMember
(@agentpeach)

Posted : 11/07/2013 3:36 pm

I'm definitely on the side that it comes in waves and can be outgrown. I only began getting acne as an adult. Aside from regular puberty zits which left at 17, I started breaking out again at about 23-24. I've heard that hair can totally change it's characteristics every 7 years and I believe this is due to hormones, which likely, will also impact the cycles of acne.