Notifications
Clear all

5 Bumps Each Day!

MemberMember
(@nici87)

Posted : 10/30/2013 2:10 pm

Hello.

I never had skin problems until now.

About two months ago I noticed tiny bumps on my cheeks and forehead. Every day there were more little bumps.

I went to a professional to get them removed two weeks ago but now they are developing again. I get about 5 bumps

each day.

I am 26 years old. I wash my face in the morning and before I go to bed.

My skincare routine:

- Avene Cleanance Gel

- Paulas Choice BHA % GEL ( I've been using this product for a week and no results yet)

- Estee Lauder Invisible Teint Foundation

I change my pillowcase every 3 days. I do not eat dairy products. I've been off BC for two years now.

For the last year I've been testing a lot of foundations. At first I thought that this is why I was getting tiny bumps. But why are they developing again? Is it posible that my skin is purging? A re those comedones or something else?

Sorry about my English. smile.png

Thank you very much for your help.

post-358734-0-60883900-1383160166.jpg

post-358734-0-60883900-1383160166.jpg

MemberMember
(@doberman992)

Posted : 10/31/2013 5:15 am

I think its some kind of allergic reaction... go to the allergist and test yourself.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/31/2013 9:25 am

Are they itchy/red? If then maybe it is an allergic reaction to something. From the picture though, since I can't tell if your skin is naturally a little red or if it's just those bumps, it looks like closed comedones/clogged pores to me. How long have you been wearing your foundation? Is it a new one or one that you've been using for a while. If it's new, it's likely that it could be causing those bumps, though I don't know if that brand is comodogenic or not...but you can easily check that online.

I have similar bumps, but mine are no doubt from years of wearing makeup, and despite cutting down on it now, some are pretty persistent little buggers. :(

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 11/01/2013 12:19 am

Look like comedones. If it's not from something you're putting on your face, you'll probably want to get your hands on a retinoid (from your dermatologist).

MemberMember
(@nici87)

Posted : 11/13/2013 4:17 pm

So I went to dermatologist and he said its clogged pores and papules/postules (acne vulgaris). He gave me antibiotics (Doxycycline) for one month, Differin gel and Clindamycin 1% liquid.

I've been using all that for 3 days now and my skin looks worse than ever. Is this normal? I have hundreds of comedones and pimples all over my chin.

Will it get better? After how much time?

Thank you for your answers.

:)