Notifications
Clear all

Incredibly Dry Skin Around Mouth - Accutane

MemberMember
(@itwillcomeoneday)

Posted : 10/24/2013 10:36 pm

I've been on Accutane for about a week and a half and before going on it I managed to stay relatively clear.

I did this by using a Tea Tree Oil Face Wash and then moisturizing with 99.9% Aloe Vera afterwards.This has helped my red marks, even old ones, fade immensely fast. I believe the Aloe Vera is doing a good job at moisturizing the rest of my face, because when I look at my skin in the morning it is brighter and softer.

However, the skin around my mouth (particularly just above my lip and around the bottom of my nose - but not on my nose) is very dry and red. It flakes a lot throughout the day and stings a lot when I apply moisturizer, in fact it's almost unbearable.

I don't know what to do because I've found the aforementioned regimen effective, however I won't be able to cop with the red, stinging, flaky skin. My lips are fine by the way.

As far I'm concerned Aloe-Vera is not comedogenic but I can't just keep applying more layers to my skin because it a: gets messy and unclean and b: creates a film of gel around my face which makes it more difficult to accept new moisture.

If I can find the solution to this, I think my time on Accutane will be short and easy, but I really would like to keep the marks healing quickly.

Please help, and thank you.

p.s. imagine the skin is sort of like Homer's beard

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/25/2013 1:14 am

Tea Tree Oil is very drying.

I would use a hydrating cleanser (such as CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser) and then follow up with CeraVe Hydrating Lotion.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/25/2013 1:53 am

You should use the Prescription acne medications part of the message board for Accutane questions.